Weekend Class with Max Michel and Travis Tomasie

kgunz11

Address your envelope to:

The Practical Marksman LLC

PO Box 148

Camilla, GA

Make checks payable to:

Max Michel Jr.

Remember, you don't have to have them in until Jan. 30, 2009.

Where can we send our ammo and how much will we need?

I don't have a round count from Max yet, but I'd expect 1000 rounds will cover it. If we run a full match on the 2nd day of class you'll need close to 200 rounds for that. I know Max and Travis want to teach us what goes through their minds as they enter a field course and how they will approach it so we will have several of those set up as well as dueling falling plate racks.

When I get a more accurate round count I will update this thread.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Travis and Max.... I bet we will need 2k :)

I am making it a shooting week for sure... Florida Open the the Class. My poor bad wrist is going to be in shambles.

Send me a PM where I can send some ammo. PM us when you get more details.

I'm glad to see at least three Carolina guys are on the list. Looking forward to it - gonna be well worth the drive and price of admission, no doubt!

Travis and Max.... I bet we will need 2k :)

I am making it a shooting week for sure... Florida Open the the Class. My poor bad wrist is going to be in shambles.

Send me a PM where I can send some ammo. PM us when you get more details.

I'm glad to see at least three Carolina guys are on the list. Looking forward to it - gonna be well worth the drive and price of admission, no doubt!

I'm from IL not NC. ;) I have a bit more of a ride than you do. :D

1. Bobby K

2. Mark K

3. JT

4. Gary B

5. Robert K

6. Brian O

7. Scott P

8. Daniel

9. Sheryl

10. John2A

Just a couple more spots available folks!

Max said day 1 is going to be a group day and then day 2 will be a one on one day then a match at the end.

We will sign up 16 for the class and the first 13 to send in their deposit will be in.

Is there still space in the class? I would like to sign up if there's space.

Thanks,

Seiichi

1. Bobby K

2. Mark K

3. JT

4. Gary B

5. Robert K

6. Brian O

7. Scott P

8. Daniel

9. Sheryl

10. John2A

Max said day 1 is going to be a group day and then day 2 will be a one on one day then a match at the end.

We will sign up 16 for the class and the first 13 to send in their deposit will be in.

Thanks,

Seiichi

Seiichi, we are putting a few folks on a back up list in case someone of the first 13 can't make it. If someone drops out I'll let you know and you can get in on the class. Anything can happen in 3 months time.

1. Bobby K

2. Mark K

3. JT

4. Gary B

5. Robert K

6. Brian O

7. Scott P

8. Daniel

9. Sheryl

10. John2A

11. Brian E

12. Luke D

13. Morgan A

Back Up List

14. Seiichi

1. Bobby K

2. Mark K

3. JT

4. Gary B

5. Robert K

6. Brian O

7. Scott P

8. Daniel

9. Sheryl

10. John2A

Thanks,

Seiichi

Seiichi, we are putting a few folks on a back up list in case someone of the first 13 can't make it. If someone drops out I'll let you know and you can get in on the class. Anything can happen in 3 months time.

1. Bobby K

2. Mark K

3. JT

4. Gary B

5. Robert K

6. Brian O

7. Scott P

8. Daniel

9. Sheryl

10. John2A

11. Brian E

12. Luke D

13. Morgan A

Back Up List

14. Seiichi

How's this for a brainfart. I was reading too fast and thought that the class was in Phoenix, AZ , like Area 2. :blink::blush: Oops. Please take me off the waiting list and move me to the dummy list.

Thanks again,

Seiichi

(I'll go hide in my hole now.) I hope somebody got a good laugh from this. :goof:

Max emailed me and said 1000 rounds should cover it. We will be shooting some field courses in addition to the normal class and he might want us to reshoot one to come at it with a different angle. He can time us doing it our own way and then show us how he would do it and compare the times.

Some folks wanted to go ahead and send in their deposit so I will keep a running tally on how has.

1. Bobby K deposit received

2. Mark K

3. JT

4. Gary B

5. Robert K deposit received

6. Brian O

7. Scott P

8. Daniel

9. Sheryl

10. John L

11. Brian E

12. Luke D

13. Morgan A

Back Up List

14. Randy Mc

2. Mark K

3. JT

4. Gary B deposit received

6. Brian O

7. Scott P deposit received

8. Daniel

9. Sheryl

10. John L

11. Brian E

12. Luke D

13. Morgan A

14. Randy Mc

2. Mark K

3. JT

4. Gary B deposit received

6. Alan L deposit received

7. Scott P deposit received

8. Daniel

9. Sheryl

10. John L

11. Brian E

12. Luke D

13. Morgan A

14. Randy Mc

It's a little bothersome that the number of students has been bumped up by two. The price was set for 12, which was a great price, but then we start thinking about the time we will get with the guys and divide that by the number of students. When you add on a couple that takes away from our time.

I understand your concerns and I addressed Max and Travis with the same thing. They assured me it would not be an issue and they have done classes of 20 before with everyone getting plenty of time. Also keep in mind we've had one had to drop out due to other commitments and that could very well happens to others between now and the beginning of March. They are letting the range owner in the class and there was one guy on the waiting list, kinda made Travis feel bad turning someone away that wanted to attend.

I understand your concerns and I addressed Max and Travis with the same thing. They assured me it would not be an issue and they have done classes of 20 before with everyone getting plenty of time. Also keep in mind we've had one had to drop out due to other commitments and that could very well happens to others between now and the beginning of March. They are letting the range owner in the class and there was one guy on the waiting list, kinda made Travis feel bad turning someone away that wanted to attend.

I understand and sympathize, but when you say we will have 12 then have 12. Otherwise, say we will have between 12-16 or whatever. I'm not trying to break you balls here bro... I get my mind set on one set of facts, and I don't like changes to what advertised. Not smoking for over a month has me about as nasty as old bear too. ;)

Edited by JThompson

My apologies. This was pretty much a new venture for me. I'm pretty excited that it's happening. For the record, I'll not be adding any more to the list. They asked for 12 and past experiences have taught me it's nice to have a back up.

Congrats on the smoking! I know it's got to be hard. I don't smoke, but I'll prolly have to quit the Skoal in 2009.

My apologies. This was pretty much a new venture for me. I'm pretty excited that it's happening. For the record, I'll not be adding any more to the list. They asked for 12 and past experiences have taught me it's nice to have a back up.

Congrats on the smoking! I know it's got to be hard. I don't smoke, but I'll prolly have to quit the Skoal in 2009.

It's fine and thank for listening to me vent... you could have just said, "You can drop if you like we have 5 on the waiting list." That would have really pissed me off, so you handled it well and I checked a few of their previous classes and the numbers are in line with those.

If I can quit smoking after 30yrs you can quit dipping! Do it for yourself and those that love ya bro.

K done ranting time to get my ass in gear for the day.