Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ extremeshot... You worry too much.

If you end up placing well and somebody has a problem with it, then, well, they should take it up with Sedro.

Good luck this weekend. :cheers:

I'm not worrying and I'm not sandbagging. I simply want to know if the match coordinators had a way to check classes outside of looking at the monthly update.

For your information, I wrote on my application that I might be moved up due to my Area 3 performance. I always shoot the best I can. There's no dishonesty on my part. ...It's not my fault if the classification system is behind.

@ extremeshot... You worry too much.

If you end up placing well and somebody has a problem with it, then, well, they should take it up with Sedro.

Good luck this weekend. :cheers:

I'm not worrying and I'm not sandbagging. I simply want to know if the match coordinators had a way to check classes outside of looking at the monthly update.

For your information, I wrote on my application that I might be moved up due to my Area 3 performance. I always shoot the best I can. There's no dishonesty on my part. ...It's not my fault if the classification system is behind.

Area 3 didn't pay for the classifiers nor did they get the overall results in before the updates, so those scores were not part of the current update.

Frank

Oh, yeah, I heard you say that yesterday at the match.

Whatever shakes out this next weekend is whatever shakes out this weekend.

It is what it is.

Your shooting is, well, just about the only thing you have control over this next weekend. Everything else is superflous and only serves as a distraction from the shooting. Don't let it rent space inside your head.

Area 3 didn't pay for the classifiers nor did they get the overall results in before the updates, so those scores were not part of the current update.

Frank

PS: ...and per the post above, it's not my fault if my 87.9120% classifier from Area 3 doesn't get sent in.

From the match book.

Classification: Your classification as of the August 2009 USPSA Update will be used. If you lack a

current USPSA class card or are not listed in the USPSA Classification Book, you will shoot as

Unclassified. Shooter classifications will be verified with USPSA Headquarters one day prior to the

match. Please check the match web site for the most recent information. Shooters who register in

person at the match must present a current USPSA classification card or shoot Unclassified. In the

event that USPSA comes out with a new update while the match is in progress, the classifications on

file at the start of the match will be used.

BK

A good questiom just came up... what are the laws regarding firearms transport in Illinois...

Illinois law requires that a firearm be unloaded and encased. It doesn't say anything about a locked case, just cased.

For more information about Illinois Firearms Law... try this link (if it will work... they must be getting hammered right now... it's slow)...

www.isp.state.il.us/foid/firearmsfaq.cfm

Frank

Illinois gun laws are NOT as draconian as some people think. Yeah, things could always be a lot better, but....

My modus operandi is just don't do anything stupid in the first place to get pulled over. Any of the legal experts here could help me out, but I think it takes either a search warrant or a K9 to "alert" on the trunk area of a car to search the trunk. If the pistolas are in the trunk and you get pulled over, you do NOT have to give consent to search in the trunk. Oh, yeah, this should go without saying, but, if you do something stupid to get pulled over, just don't give the officer/trooper a bunch of attitude.

That said... I would avoid Sick-ago and Crook County like the plague. Even moreso traveling with a firearm.

We got 4 stages built today.... 1, 5, 6 and 9

Just so everyone knows... due to our cowboy shooters building a bunch of permenant props on the range, some of the stages have had to be "tweaked".

Stage 1 looks NOTHING like what has been published, but the INTENT is still there.

Stage 5 is the classifier... obviously it is not changed.

Stage 6... slight changes to avoid 180 hazard. It's set up now so you don't have to stop. You should be able to blast the whole stage on the move.

Stage 9... again... had to deal with a front... a few things are change, but the intent is still there.

There were only 3 of us out there setting up today... :angry2: but what can you do in the middle of the week... people have to work.

We'll get at least 3 or 4 more done tomorrow, and the rest on Thursday... we just get to play in the rain...

Speaking of rain...

There is a "slight chance of showers" in the current forecast for every day of the match. Be prepared.

We have shelters set up on every stage in case the rain gets so bad the RM suspends shooting, but none of the forecasts say anything about HEAVY rain... just some showers. Not enough to flood us out.

Frank

Hey Frank, looks like deja vous from last year's rain event. I Just saw the forcast....showers until Friday morning then very nice Fall like temps for the weekend. It'll be cool to start so people will need a light jacket. Jim Thompson was right when he said Milan and rain go together.

I knew the cowboy props might be a problem, that's why I objected to them building the things. They were determined to do it, though. Not much you could do about it.

I might try to come out Friday morning for a visit. My knee is pretty bad so I'm not walking all that well. We'll see if I can make it.

Anyway, sounds like you've done a great job in organizing this sectional. I hope everything goes well.

Terry Fischer

Retired IPSC Chairman, Milan Rifle Club

Three more stages up today... fun in the rain. 3 more stages to go, and it's all set up.

Another day of only three of us out there setting up, and I was pretty much useless with my back, so the other two guys did most of the heavy lifting.

We've had plenty of people asking about walking on...

Yes... you can walk on Saturday.

Sunday... it's up to you if you want to risk it. Right now, the squads are full, but you know how it goes with no-shows. Sometimes we have a few.

See y'all at the match.

Frank

This was in our local paper today :cheers:

http://qconline.com/archives/qco/print_display.php?id=448719

Just so everyone knows... my original quote was... "for our local matches, bring your gun and a lot of ammo." The story makes it sound like they should bring them for the sectional.

Also... I said that "to the best of my knowledge, no one has accidentally been shot..."

Other than those two things... a pretty good article I think. What can you do... he was trying to put a 45 minute interview into a few paragraphs. The author is our local outdoors editer.

There was also a picture of myself and our match sponsor, Jim Bartels, along with the story in the print version, but it didn't make it online.

Frank

Edited by Franklin D Wolverton

A good questiom just came up... what are the laws regarding firearms transport in Illinois...

Illinois law requires that a firearm be unloaded and encased. It doesn't say anything about a locked case, just cased.

For more information about Illinois Firearms Law... try this link (if it will work... they must be getting hammered right now... it's slow)...

www.isp.state.il.us/foid/firearmsfaq.cfm

Frank

http://www.isp.state.il.us/docs/transgun0-000.pdf

Frank, if Milan was closer, I would be there to help out. Shucks!

I don't have any intell on the range surfaces, but I would bring my Nike Landsharks just in case. If it were to rain while I was shooting the match, at least at the end of the day, I could change back into some normal looking and DRY street shoes. Heck, if I was really thinking ahead, I might throw an extra pair of socks in a zip loc bag into my range bag, and change out socks during lunch time. An extra shopping bag or two to put the muddy Landsharks into wouldn't hurt either.

Our surface is grass.

We have had about 5 inches of rain in the last couple of days, but it's doing a decent job of draining out. If we don't get a bunch more rain, Saturday and Sunday should be relatively decent.

There is a chance of rain tonight and first thing tomorrow morning though... bring your boots :)

Frank