Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New ride!

Dave Gundry

Parked the old Audi and picked up a '04 Subaru Forester XT. First car I've had that isn't 20+ years old :D

Observations:

Turbo's are fun. REALLY FUN :D

It's really hard not to sell everything I own to make this thing into a monster. Gotta keep reminding myself it needs a timin gbelt and brakes before I have any fun with it (and I need a real job!)

Pics as soon as I have time in the daylight (which probably won't be until May) :cheers:

Dear RiceWagon -

Welcome to Team Subie...

I got mine last winter and it is a snow cat...fast and sure.

ETA: My Outback does not sound like that...but I wish it had 500+ HP :wacko:

Edited by hk_mtbr

I thought that Subaru Station Wagons were really hard to drive. Every time I see one on the road, the driver is having a really hard time with it. They are out of their lane, stopping at yield signs with no traffic, driving really slow, and ogling the Sierra Club calendar on their dash instead of watching the stoplight turn green.

I know that the Forester is a little SUV, not a station wagon, but I think it still comes with a tie-dye hemp poncho and some birkenstocks. Check your trunk!

Edited by Jeff686

I think it still comes with a tie-dye hemp poncho and some birkenstocks. Check your trunk!

Hey I checked my trunk and there's nothing in there but "I luv bunnies" stickers...I already gave the Subaru Birkenstocks to some guy who washed my windshield this morning. :ph34r:

FWIW - I think Buicks must be MUCH harder to drive...and they make your hair turn blue too!

FWIW - I think Buicks must be MUCH harder to drive...and they make your hair turn blue too!

Nah, it's those new Cadillacs with the V8 in them. Steering wheels are WAY to high, blinkers don't work, brakes come on when merging with traffic and wow are they slow!

Surprised I don't see any recalls for those..... :devil:

Impressive driving, but man that has to shorten the life span of a set of tires! When I was young and had money to burn and no fear of death, we would have only needed two painted lines set 1/4 mile apart and a pretty girl with a red hanky and we would have been in business. But then the only turn we ever made was to head back to the line to collect our cash and a kiss from the starter girl!

I thought that Subaru Station Wagons were really hard to drive. Every time I see one on the road, the driver is having a really hard time with it. They are out of their lane, stopping at yield signs with no traffic, driving really slow, and ogling the Sierra Club calendar on their dash instead of watching the stoplight turn green.

I know that the Forester is a little SUV, not a station wagon, but I think it still comes with a tie-dye hemp poncho and some birkenstocks. Check your trunk!

<_<:roflol: I know, I know. I always thought of it more as a DocMartins & flannel shirt wearing lady with short hair type stereotype :D

The Forester is NOT a SUV. Now Subaru is marketing it as a crossover, but mine is a station wagon. They are just an Impreza underneath the skin :D

Great stuff! Amazing driving helped along by a lot of throttle steer (thanks to all those ponies).

I got that link in an email, and it was SO freaking cool I kept it. 530 whp, that is WAY over 600 hp at the crank, probably in the 670 area :surprise:

I think it still comes with a tie-dye hemp poncho and some birkenstocks. Check your trunk!

Hey I checked my trunk and there's nothing in there but "I luv bunnies" stickers...I already gave the Subaru Birkenstocks to some guy who washed my windshield this morning. :ph34r:

Yeah allot of them should be recalled, I work for a Buick garage and I think most of them should not be driving anymore. I love watching a customer drive in and aim right for my desk, I never thought in this line of work I would be diving from my desk to avoid being crushed by it.