Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAGC'S First 3-gun match **Cancelled**

Come one come all. EAGC's first 3-Gun match will be Nov 30th at 10:00 Eastern time. We will have 6 to 8 stages, I'm not sure yet. Bring 100 rifle, 100 pistol and 100 shotgun (7 1/2's, no slugs) and we will bring out the smiles. You will need to know your 100 yard zero, (5" plates at 100 yards can be tough). This should be a great warm up for Ft. Benning too. :roflol::roflol::roflol:

We have had 4 USPSA pistol matches and everyone loved them. We had 43 shooters at our first match then 46, 38 and 42. I hope we can do the same or better for 3-gun. It will be USPSA rules and most all of the targets will be USPSA (we have a couple of non USPSA steel targets to go along with the real ones).

BTW, we should have two venders there too. We are looking forward to seeing you there. :cheers:

www.eastalabamagunclub.com

Ronnie

Edited by Still Praying

The wife and I might be there to watch and root everyone on if at all possible. I'd like to come out and get some photos and video if possible. Maybe one of these days I'll get a proper shotgun so I can play too!

The wife and I might be there to watch and root everyone on if at all possible. I'd like to come out and get some photos and video if possible. Maybe one of these days I'll get a proper shotgun so I can play too!

Maybe you should just borrow your buddies shotgun and gear and quit making excuses.

Maybe you should just borrow your buddies shotgun and gear and quit making excuses.

Damn Boolit, that kinda smack talk reminds me of someone else...... :ph34r:

Well if I knew a buddy with spare gear it would be one thing, but everyone I know that shoots 3 gun will be there using theirs.

Last time I shot three gun it was shot one person at a time. But then again.....we will be shooting in Alabama so you never know what they're gonna do :ph34r:

Alright then....I offer you my gear. You just need to bring ammo.

I have everything but the scattergun. I do have a pair of Remington 550's. I guess if I brought them both, between the 2 of them, I might have an 1100.

Bobby,

Have never done 3-gun, but will be giving it a try. I have an AR-15 and a Mossberg 500 assault Shotgun - you are welcome to use.

Mark K

Alright then....I offer you my gear. You just need to bring ammo.

Bobby,

Have never done 3-gun, but will be giving it a try. I have an AR-15 and a Mossberg 500 assault Shotgun - you are welcome to use.

Bobby, that is what we do. If you don't have all of the gear, team up with someone and we will let you use ours. Just bring good amo, no reloads. I'll be shooting Open and if Susan wants to try it, she can use my stuff. (1100 & AR) Remember, it's all about fun. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Ronnie

I'll ask her about it. I don't know that she's ever shot a shotgun, but I'll tell her how much fun 3 gun is and maybe she'll wanna give it a try. I talked to her about it last night and she said we needed to go to Church, but we'll see what happens.

Thanks guys for the offer to borrow guns. I have Ga. Arms 55gr Amax for .223 and plenty of .40 ammo, I'd just need to pick up some shotgun shells. I also have a pistol and AR.

If I don't have some family stuff to do, I will be there. It would be kinda nice to shoot someone else's 3 Gun match where I am not also serving lunch!!

It will be great having you here and giving you a chance to shoot, without working. We will do our best to make sure you all have fun.

I'd just need to pick up some shotgun shells.

AA's or Remington Nitro,s will work good in almost all shotguns. Try to stay away from the cheap stuff.

Ronnie

Ronnie,

I just found out (actually remembered) that I have a commitment at 2:30pm that day. However, I think I will come out and get squadded so that I can shoot the rifle and shotgun stages (since I have never done that). Then I will leave when I have to.

My offer of loaning my AR-15 and shotgun is still open, I will just ask someone to secure them for me afterwards and I will get them later.

Mark

I just found out (actually remembered) that I have a commitment at 2:30pm that day.

No problem, you can shoot through some of the stages to the point were you can finish the match before you have to leave. After all, you help set this stuff up. I dont think anyone would care.

Ronnie

Just received this...

=======================

Due to inclement weather on set up day and match day we regret to have to cancel the inaugural 3 GUN match. We definitely will not make this a habit but being a new club we / I have not been able to provide proper shelters for each bay yet and having a short handed set up crew this time we feel the match will not be of the same quality as we have provided thus far. We are working every month to continually improve the range and props so that we may provide the shooters with great stages and nice facilities. Please accept all of our apologies and please let anyone who does not check e mail or who may not be on our e mail list know that the match has been canceled. Thank you.

Alan Lavender

Club President

East Alabama Gun Club

www.eastalabamagunclub.com

(706) 888-3140

Thanks Mark for posting the E-mail.

It was not just the weather, their were other problems in the mix too. Most of you will never know how hard it was to cancel the match. I fought it all the way to the point were if I waited much longer we could not have gotten the word out soon enough to let everyone know.

I do not want people to think that if rain is in the forcast that we will cancel on them and not show up.

Well, the good thing is, we will have some really good stages for the next match.

SORRY

Ronnie :(