Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Infinity Area 5 Championship

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Carl,

Are you guys doing those Techwear shirts again this year? i didnt see anything on the application about a match shirt...

Techwear is a match sponsor this year. But we are not making any shirts this year as we want to putting that money into the prize table.

I hope someone can answer this question for me. I thought I heard it on a Matt Burkett podcast....I believe Matt was saying that because of the laws in Chicago, you could be arrested for leaving/returning-to the airport with a handgun. Is there any truth to this? If you fly into Chicago and then want to rent a car and drive somewhere....what do you do?

Fly into somewhere else... <_<

What's with the bashing of Chicago, it's no different than any other state. Follow the guidelines of TSA and the airlines.

I hope someone can answer this question for me. I thought I heard it on a Matt Burkett podcast....I believe Matt was saying that because of the laws in Chicago, you could be arrested for leaving/returning-to the airport with a handgun. Is there any truth to this? If you fly into Chicago and then want to rent a car and drive somewhere....what do you do?

What's with the bashing of Chicago, it's no different than any other state. Follow the guidelines of TSA and the airlines.

I think the problem occurs when you leave the airport and head off into town with the firearms. That's what I read here, not saying I understand the gun laws in Chicago.

I think the problem occurs when you leave the airport and head off into town with the firearms. That's what I read here, not saying I understand the gun laws in Chicago.

The gun laws of ILLINOIS are the governing body. The only thing in Chicago is you can no longer register a handgun in the city of Chicago. As far as the packaging, and the transportation of your firearms, they are basically the same as when your traveling on an airplane. (Gun Case,ammo seperate from firearm) If in doubt, go tho the Illinois State Police home page for all the rules.

Don't get perinoid !

Folks,

As agreed upon between the Area1 and Area 5 Directors, and the match directors, every effort will be made to accommodate shooters wishing to shoot both the Area 1 USPSA Championship and the Infinity Area 5 championship matches. PM me with any questions or special requests.

Sincerely,

Tim Egan

This is quoted from the Area 1 thread.

We as match the directors will make the necessary arrangements to allow shooters to shoot both matches.

Feel free to contact me at infinityarea5@gmail.com or Tim for more information.

Carl Provan

Tournament Director

Infinity Area 5

• 2 weeks later...

The online squading for The Infinity Area 5 has been locked. This is due to some new information from the range that will effect the squading of the match. I am sure all of the shooters will be happy with the outcome of the changes if all goes well. I will post more information as it becomes available.

Carl

Edited by Carl Provan

Hey Carl,

Are you guys doing those Techwear shirts again this year? i didnt see anything on the application about a match shirt...

Techwear is a match sponsor this year. But we are not making any shirts this year as we want to putting that money into the prize table.

This really sucks.

Now not only will I not get anything off the prize table. I won't even have a shirt that says I was there.

It would be nice if the MD would only have to worry about the match. And not dedicate so much time to things other than the match.

Charge less for your match and the shooters can go bye there own Gunscubber.

My 2cents

Duane

Hey Carl,

This really sucks.

Now not only will I not get anything off the prize table. I won't even have a shirt that says I was there.

It would be nice if the MD would only have to worry about the match. And not dedicate so much time to things other than the match.

Charge less for your match and the shooters can go bye there own Gunscubber.

My 2cents

Duane

I can understand where Carl is coming from about putting more money towards the prize table, which is great, but i am going to miss the match shirt. the techwear shirts last year were very nice and sometimes when things dont go your way at a match its always nice to at least have a cool match shirt to walk away with.

Maybe they can still be made and sold at the match to whomever wants one??? heck, they dont even have to be tech wear, just regular polo shirts are great too! ;)

Edited by W.Abrahams

• 4 weeks later...

More information as been added to The Infinity Area 5 web site.

www.infinityarea5.info.

Match hotel is the Hampton on 54th Street, in Wyoming, MI.

Phone 616-261-5500.

Stages are also posted on the site and under Major Match results on USPSA.org.

We have increased the stage count to 15 for the match. The squad size has been lowered to keep

the squads moving smoothly. I will be adding squads to saturday only. Friday and Sunday will remain at 11 squads.

• 4 weeks later...

The match is filling up on a steady basis. I you have a group of shooters that you want to shoot with you need to get those application in soon. I cannot exceed the posted squad size on saturday or sunday. If you are listed as unsquaded and have not received a pin, please email me at infinityarea5@gamail.com.

Information and applications available at www.infinityarea5.info

Stages are posted here and at www.uspsa.org,located in Major Match results.

Carl Provan

Tournament Director

Infinity Area 5 Championship

Just as an FYI to those of you out there complaining about no shirts available for this match. One of the sponsors for the match has generously donated match t-shirts as part of thier sponsorship. They will be available at Registration on a first come first serve basis. They donated 250 shirts for the match so pretty much anyone who wants one should get one. We might not have everyone's size but we tried to guess the right sizes we might need.

Techwear USA is also sponsor and is donating shirts and hats for the prize table as well.

The much discussed tasty and huge lunch is still included in the price along with 15 challenging stages against some of the best competition in the world. Good stages, great competition, tons of food, prizes and the Founders Brewery Festival downtown Grand Rapids in the evening. Really..........what more could you ask for?

Get your applications in quickly-the match is filling up and you don't want to miss this opportunity. Due to the close proximity to Canada, this match has a lot of international competitors that come to it. Not to mention many of the Team Jamaican's.........Anyone up to beating Lesgar Murdock this year?

If your club needs Targets and pasters, don't forget to contact Dave Zimmerman @ TargetBarn. He will be there for the match with his trailer.

Brandon Strayer and some of the Team SV shooters will also be in attendance with a table set up in the vending area.

Sam Conway from American Shooters Edge will also be in attendance for those who have STI needs.

Tom Drazy metalworks will also be there with one of his triple flippers.

Some new guy from SIG Sauer named Max Something is also going to be there showing off thier product line.......a bay has been put aside for demo's.

If you have further questions, contact the Tournament Director Carl Provan or better yet, just send in your application.

Looking forward to shooting the match on Saturday and I am looking for recomndations on where to stay. We are bringing our wives along so what we are looking for is a nice hotel with not to far of a drive to the range on saturday morning. And then a destination that the wives can drive to for a day of shopping.

Looking forward to shooting the match on Saturday and I am looking for recomndations on where to stay. We are bringing our wives along so what we are looking for is a nice hotel with not to far of a drive to the range on saturday morning. And then a destination that the wives can drive to for a day of shopping.

If you are bringing you wives along and don't mind paying extra there are several very nice hotels in downtown grand rapids. This would allow them to visit either of the malls on the east or south west side, they are both about 15 minutes from downtown, all highway travel. The range is directly south, about 30 minutes, mostly highway travel as well.

the Amway Grand is very nice but I think the cheapest room is $100/night, there is also the JW Marriott but they are in the same league as the Grand price wise. Both of those hotels offer several amenities such as spas, small shops and a few restaurants and valet parking. There is a Days Hotel downtown, probably your best bet, no frills like the other two but more reasonably priced

Days Hotel http://www.daysinn.com/DaysInn/control/Boo...search-Days_Inn

Amway Grand http://www.amwaygrand.com/

JW Marriott http://www.ilovethejw.com/

The match is filling up. Please go the the online squading and get yourself on a squad. There are a few slots for sunday and about 25 for saturday. Once they are gone friday is the only day left.

If you don't have a pin sent by the squading system look in your junk/spam folders. If not there you may use the pin on the label area of your Front Sight magazine.

Carl