Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drop in trigger for Glocks

Gary1911A1

It ain't cheating if you don't get caught?

I don't think that is our game.

That isn't what I meant at all. An unenforceable rule is a waste of ink and time was my point.

I guess that it is destined for my Limited gun- or I'll just use it for IDPA.

+1. Why doesn't someone from Glockworks contact John Amadon and get official rulings on each of their triggers and post it here on the forums, as opposed to using a "don't ask don't tell" cheating policy.

I emailed John yesterday. He has already written up and opinion and forwarded it to the BOD for review. Should have an answer sometime in the future. I think the BOD has to meet to decide, or at least hold an email vote. Both will take a bit of time.

Pretty much any rule forbiding internal work is going to be pretty much uneforceable. Are they going to fully strip every gun at every match to make sure there is nothing "hidden"inside the gun. From a time perspective that would take forever

Pretty much any rule forbiding internal work is going to be pretty much unenforceable. Are they going to fully strip every gun at every match to make sure there is nothing "hidden"inside the gun. From a time perspective that would take forever

I think you'd just have to check the winners' guns at big matches, say top 3 class winners. Everyone else is pretty much shooting for fun anyway. Most people would rather practice with what they are going to use at a big match, so I doubt you'd have many people swapping out internals for area and national level matches. You might have a few sharks who shoot local matches with illegal stuff but, big deal. Same deal as chrono.

Now whether or not you could get someone who knew what factory guts of every gun used in production looked like, I don't know.

I emailed John yesterday. He has already written up and opinion and forwarded it to the BOD for review. Should have an answer sometime in the future. I think the BOD has to meet to decide, or at least hold an email vote. Both will take a bit of time.

That is an important and responsible move. Thank you Lawman :)

That was a suggestion for the 2008 rule book and it was shot down in flames. Very few Production shooters want a minimum trigger pull. The new rules are, if Amidon's opinion is the final decision, retarded. You can swap slides, mill in Bo-Mars, checker the front strap, stipple the grip and nickel plate it for that extra pimp look, but you can't do a proper trigger job?

That was a suggestion for the 2008 rule book and it was shot down in flames. Very few Production shooters want a minimum trigger pull. The new rules are, if Amidon's opinion is the final decision, retarded. You can swap slides, mill in Bo-Mars, checker the front strap, stipple the grip and nickel plate it for that extra pimp look, but you can't do a proper trigger job?

I agree, although I can think of a much stronger word than retarded, but that will fit the bill. I do wonder why it is that Amidon and the BOD always seem to come up with these rulings after hundreds or even thousand of shooters have shelled out good money for drop-in trigger kits that were entirely legal at the time they were installed.

+1. Why doesn't someone from Glockworks contact John Amadon and get official rulings on each of their triggers and post it here on the forums, as opposed to using a "don't ask don't tell" cheating policy.

I missed the post where someone from Glockworx suggested a " don't ask don't tell " cheating policy. In fact, I can't find a single post where they say use it in Production. Can you get me a link ?

Thanks in advance

It was our understanding that the GW standard trigger was production legal, and idpa ssp legal. I shoot regularly with Mike Voigt and he saw no reason why the standard trigger would not be production legal there are no visible external modifications. I have no problem sending a trigger to John Amadon for his ruling. the fulcrum trigger we know will not be legal in production and have never advertised it as such.

I just got my Fulcrum Trigger kit yesterday. Took about 30 minutes to install, but most of that was bending the trigger bar because the slide/frame fit was tightened. Install was very simple and intuitive. Trigger feels great. I'll have to wait a bit to test fire it since we're under several inches of snow. (Which for us Valley Oregonians is alot).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...