Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A little more competition

hopalong

I did a little math (in my head so it's likely off a little)

for the matches listed on USPSA website this year vs last year.

2008 total number of shooters in Revo division ....................... 243

2007 total number of shooters in Revo division ........................193

That is 50 more this year than last. !!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Even though there were 10 LESS in 2008 at Nationals (Likely what USPSA will look at) than last (the best yet) overall there was some growth. :)

Not bad, I'd be willing to bet that is the most yet (in a year) but there is still work to do.

Oh and that is for a combined 25 matches, for an average of almost 10 per match.

Hop

I'm a USPSA Revolver newbie!!! This was my first season shooting anything like USPSA, and I love shooting revolver. I went to my first local match in April, and I was hooked! I've met a lot of great people, I've learned a lot of good information, and I've had a blast. Hopefully, I will get to some bigger matches next year, but it will probably be a while before I'll feel up for nationals. Now, I just wish our local clubs shot through the winter :D

I'm afraid that I'm going the other way. I shot nothing but Revo for the past 2 years in USPSA and IDPA. There have been so few shooters even at the sectional matches, state championships, and regionals that to be honest a win doesn't mean anything.

Major matches with 3 revolver shooters were the norm.... at at club matches I am very often the only wheel gunner in sight. At the IDPA nationals they had revo. classifications which were totally empty.

I'm firing up my Single Stack AirSoft this winter------ and will be shooting either my .45 or 9mm 1911 in 2009 in USPSA and IDPA.

Hmmmmm.....

2008 MI_Sectional - Final results for Revolver

Place Name No. USPSA Class Division PF Lady Mil Law For Age Match Pts Match %

1 Cliff Walsh 114 L2519 GM Revolver Major No No No No 875.7530 100.00%

2 Gary Cuititta 88 TY53482 M Revolver Major No No No No 728.5265 83.19%

3 Pat Scott 74 A58486 B Revolver Major No No No No 677.0880 77.31%

4 Jeff LaFave 7 B23 B Revolver Major No No No No 506.4100 57.83%

5 Dennis Tucker 33 TY53475 C Revolver Major No No No No Senior 467.8556 53.42%

6 Steve Irish 3 TY54959 C Revolver Major No No No No 467.7767 53.41%

7 Steve Howard 143 Pen U Revolver Major No No No No 343.9076 39.27%

8 Phil Griggs 123 TY51482 A Revolver Major No No No No 0.0000 0.00%

9 Sue Irish (Went Sub-Minor)

Edited by Barrettone

You're right Jeff... that match was well represented with revos. But there were still too few to pass out any "wood" orther than overall.

As you know 99% of my shooting is IDPA. at 3 state and one regional match I was the only ESR Expert at the match. In 2007 it was the same way.

Edited by MichiganShootist

I'm another one of those USPSA Revolver newbies this year, and I'm staying. I'm tentatively planning on shooting the Nationals next year as well. It does certainly help that there's a decent amount of revolver shooters around here, even though they're all better than me. :sight:

You're right Jeff... that match was well represented with revos. But there were still too few to pass out any "wood" orther than overall.

As you know 99% of my shooting is IDPA. at 3 state and one regional match I was the only ESR Expert at the match. In 2007 it was the same way.

Well, that DOES suck. Hope you shoot a little revo next year though.

Jeff

I'm another one of those USPSA Revolver newbies this year, and I'm staying. I'm tentatively planning on shooting the Nationals next year as well.It does certainly help that there's a decent amount of revolver shooters around here...

:cheers: yay central Iowa :cheers:

I started shooting revo (well, got serious and started shooting matches with it anyway) in September and I'm completely hooked. I'm going to run the wheelguns all next year save for for a match or two where they don't have a revo division or just to dust the Glocks off and get them dirty again. I also plan to make it to nats if at all possible... and I'm going to do everything in my power to make it happen!

Every time I think about trying idpa, they change the rules to make it harder to shoot revo. I'm not surprised nobody shows up.

Cliff the last rule change I can remember that impacted wheelies was at least 4 years ago. You'd mop them up in IDPA with your speed!

BTW-- I wasn't trying to start and USPSA vs. IDPA "thing" here.... I really enjoy USPSA shooting but I have a 3+ hour (in perfect weather at well over the speed limt) round trip to any USPSA club ... but I have three good IDPA clubs at 20, 30 and 60 miles away.

Cliff the last rule change I can remember that impacted wheelies was at least 4 years ago. You'd mop them up in IDPA with your speed!

BTW-- I wasn't trying to start and USPSA vs. IDPA "thing" here.... I really enjoy USPSA shooting but I have a 3+ hour (in perfect weather at well over the speed limt) round trip to any USPSA club ... but I have three good IDPA clubs at 20, 30 and 60 miles away.

Has it been 4 years since they changed all mooned guns to major? I had bought a 4 inch 686 38 super and a 646 to try idpa and a few months later they changed the rule. I guess I lost a few years somewhere.

Has it been 4 years since they changed all mooned guns to major? I had bought a 4 inch 686 38 super and a 646 to try idpa and a few months later they changed the rule. I guess I lost a few years somewhere.

Cliff, that could just be from the use of so many silver bullets. :cheers: