Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 or M&P Pro ?

el pres

I ordered both an M&P 9 and a 9Pro. The M&P9 is here already and I'm still waiting on the Pro. Ordered them both straight from Smith & Wesson at the same time. Even with the crappy factory white dot sites I am impressed with how easily I can transition from my 2011 to my M&P. I am really excited and anxiously awaiting the Pro's arrival.

I shot 2 matches with my new M&P Pro this week and I can shoot (and hit) with it faster than my stock CZ SP-01. Trigger on the M&P is great. I just picked up a CZ SP-01 Shadow, I'll have to see how it (and its lighter trigger pull) compares with the M&P.

My M&P has not malfunctioned once since I added a 13 lb. recoil spring.

Glock 34 for sure. More "legal" aftermarket parts and easy to polish up the trigger, striker, and sear with a dremel tool for an awesome smooth trigger pull.

Stock barrel is not bad, but put in a Bar-Sto and it will shoot like a barn on fire!!

I bought the M&P Pro over the Glock.

The M&P felt 10 times better in my hand. Large backstrap... WOW! It spreads the gun over your palm, so recoil is nothing with factory ammo.... Can't wait for reloads with a 13lb spring...

It is as accurate as any Glock I ever shot.

The "fit and finish" is so nice compaired to Glock's tacky-hard-plastic feel.

It's made in USA, and backed by S&W, which has been around LONGER than GLOCK!

Once you get 6-8 mags for it, you're fine...

The Pro Series Trigger, after 500-700 rounds is SWEET... Maybe I just got a good one?

It seems to me to be the fasting frowing platform in Production... More M&Ps than Glocks on the line where I shoot in FL.

JeffWard

I have a Glock 34, and a Glock 35 that I've played with in production, but, I picked up a M&P .40 last year and was really surprised that it would run my "minor" loads without any mods! :surprise:

I played with the trigger, a LITTLE bit, per Dan Burwell's website, and maybe put 50 rounds through it, just to check for accuracy, and function.

Off the bench, it seems that my Glocks are more accurate, but, I FINALLY got out to the range last week with my timer, and ran some drills with the M&P, against my Glock 35, and the result was that I am faster, and more accurate with the M&P. I'm going to run the M&P for a few matches to see what happens.

A friend of mine just picked up a 9L, that has some trigger work done on it, and if the weather gets decent, I'm going to snag it from him and run it against my Glock 34, on the timer. Maybe I'll HAVE to pick up a 9L, or, a Pro, and put my Glocks up for sale. My friend already sold his Glock 34. :roflol:

The Glock 34 and 17 are very reliable firearms. If the S&W product were not available I would be shooting a Glock. I use a S&W 99 for IDPA and a newly purchased S&W M&P9PRO for USPSA. The ergonomics and the triggers of the S&W 99 and M&P9Pro are superior to that of the Glock imodels in my hands. It would be wise to try out both guns before making a decision.

I bought the M&P Pro over the Glock.

The M&P felt 10 times better in my hand. Large back strap... WOW! It spreads the gun over your palm, so recoil is nothing with factory ammo.... Can't wait for reloads with a 13lb spring...

While I liked the feel of the Large sized back strap insert, it bulged out too far to the sides for me. A lot (most) of my gripping comes from my weak hand and I like to cam that weak hand into the gun quite a bit for control. The meaty (drumstick) part of my weak hand thumb and palm didn't really have a good purchase on the grip because of the palm swells.

Then again, with the M&P, you do have 3 options on grip.

BTW...recoil? In 9mm target loads??? :blink:

• 1 month later...

You just need to try each - i had a Glk for sometime but got tired of the bite, so ordered a SP-01 from Matt Mink and a M&P Pro. Matt's trigger was amazing, the gun solid and very accurate - but i just couldn't shoot it as well as the Pro and didn't really like the DA set up. My only complaint so far with the Pro is the bbl won't stabalize a 147, at least with the loads i had been using in the Glk and CZ (Zeros or Precision with 3.2 TG). Pro is very accurate with Zero 125jhp and TG.

You've gotten the best advice. Shoot both and decide which fits you best. Both are good platforms that will perform well in Production Division well.

I have a Pro that I haven't modified in any way other than TruGrip. It points naturally (for me) and feels very good in the hand which the Glock did not. With my reloads (147 g PD over 3.5 g Universal Clays) it is so soft shooting I have chrono'd it three times to make sure it was making minor. I shot it in Limited Minor before it became legal for Production but now that its on the list I will be shooting it all year. I luv it and can't imagine shooting anything else for Production. Hopefully you will feel the same after you make your choice.

Good luck

Dave

I picked up a Pro a couple of weeks ago because I found that I did better with my full-sized .40 than I do with my Glock 35, according to my timer, and the hits on the targets.

Once the weather gets better, I'll run the Pro against my Glock 34 to see which one worls best for me.