Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Question for you guys.

zhunter

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to know who can "think" about doing an extra reload during a COF when the fastest way to run a stage is to run your plan. I'm not doing anything extra that I haven't programmed in unless I've already TOTALLY blew the run.

Not to be contrary, but...

Isn't true planning having the shoot to slide lock and recovering back to 8+1 in your plan?

I've on occasion programmed the double load into my routine for some reason --- unloaded gun start with two ten round shooting positions (Oops -- I'm talking production, but it's sorta on topic) where the extra round is nice to have. I've done it in the middle of a stage after hitting an unplanned slidelock, but it really is dependent on the closeness and make-up of the next array, and to a lesser degree the rest of the stage.....

Neither of your options works for me the majority of the time....

I want to know who can "think" about doing an extra reload during a COF when the fastest way to run a stage is to run your plan. I'm not doing anything extra that I haven't programmed in unless I've already TOTALLY blew the run.

Isn't true planning having the shoot to slide lock and recovering back to 8+1 in your plan?

So you're planning on failure? That's going to win matches.

its not a plan for failure..have had several stages this year in production where shooting 22 rnds..you shoot to slidelock, do a reload, do a reload for the last 11.

its a contingency..where your conscious mind monitors the shooting..and injects another path to success..

if you are slowing down over two to three more arrays and having to make tough shots..why not take the second to stuff a reload.

if it makes you confused...of course its a lost cause..but if its a response that you know..its no loss

I think in the orginal case mentioned, it would be a waste of time just to have one more round in the gun. If only eight more shots are required, and you have eight in the gun, why take the time to make an extra reload?

where your conscious mind monitors the shooting

You can't think and shoot to the best of your ability. You program your plan and execute. But what do I know?

True, very true. I can think abot two things poorly while shooting (and mess both of them up) or one thing well. That thing is usually a serial sequence of my targets, with cues for some of them. For example, three targets from one position, I have an order I'm giong to shoot, and I have a procedural cue on the last target to get out of the position. If I start thinking about strategy, I'm going to go to target focus, forget a target, lose my order, etc.

H.

where your conscious mind monitors the shooting

You can't think and shoot to the best of your ability. You program your plan and execute. But what do I know?

more than me

Edited by eerw

Not much evidently. You're only a GM Limited, GM Lim 10, and a true Master SS shooter. Looks like your programming skills need some refinement. :roflol:

I would not call it planning on failing, I would call it covering all the bases. A plan is great, but being able to deal with "issues" during a stage can help a potential disaster.

Not much evidently. You're only a GM Limited, GM Lim 10, and a true Master SS shooter. Looks like your programming skills need some refinement. :roflol:

I respect Matt's accomplishments/classifications, and he knows that. IF I thought I knew everything, I would not have bothered to ask the question.

So.... here is another question. Is it a stick to your plan no matter what? IS that the best way? I think not, but please correct me if I am wrong.

So.... here is another question. Is it a stick to your plan no matter what? IS that the best way? I think not, but please correct me if I am wrong.

I believe yes. Now there may be exceptions to that rule, but again, I'm trying to win matches against the best. If I'm that far off my plan, all is lost.

I believe yes. Now there may be exceptions to that rule, but again, I'm trying to win matches against the best. If I'm that far off my plan, all is lost.

Excellent response!!!!

When all is lost, and it does happen faster with fewer bullets in the magazine, I believe is the difference in the top dogs and the rest.

Excellent response!!!!

When all is lost, and it does happen faster with fewer bullets in the magazine, I believe is the difference in the top dogs and the rest.

I believe getting lost in the first place is the difference between the top dogs and the rest. If they ever get lost, they recover so amazingly you never knew they were.

Now I don't think that having fewer rounds makes things go bad faster. All it does is make me shoot slightly more conservatively. I shot empty maybe once at the SS nats this year. It's a bit more of a problem with 8 rounds instead of 20, but it's not that big of a thing. You just have to make your shots.

Limited has me going 20 rounds at a time making all my shots, now I only have to go 8 at a time with SS. If I'm taking extra shots in Limited I'm already off my game.

D Class - learning to shoot accurately

C Class - learned to shoot accurately

B Class - learning to shoot accurately faster

A Class - learned to shoot accurately faster and now learning stage break down

M Class - learned to shoot accurately faster, learned stage break down, learning economy of motion and raw speed

GM Class - learned to shoot accurately faster, learned stage break down, learned economy of motion and raw speed, makes no mistakes in any of it

Now I am not saying GM's make no mistakes, but that is what it takes to win at that level.

Would some of you GM's agree?

I believe getting lost in the first place is the difference between the top dogs and the rest. If they ever get lost, they recover so amazingly you never knew they were.

BINGO!

We have a winna

I wanna know the recovery process, and that is the WHOLE point of this thread.

BINGO!

We have a winna

I wanna know the recovery process, and that is the WHOLE point of this thread.

One thing that comes to mind is that they just "FIX IT" and keep shooting. I really doubt that anyone on the super squad puts a plan in their head for recovering from a screw up. But I have not talked to them about it.

Now I am not saying GM's make no mistakes, but that is what it takes to win at that level.

Would some of you GM's agree?

I sort of agree. In reality, everyone makes mistakes. It's just that my mistakes are very very small in relation to a C class shooters mistake.

I could feel that I botched a stage because I flubbed my footwork coming into a port, and you would have no idea, but I know I did it and it cost me .2 seconds.

You can see the C class shooter shoot empty, do the standing reload, and take off again.

just got to add...would that be because they had a plan :D

I'll add..I do respect Matt..his skill and his talent..what he says is great stuff..

First off, I don't know Richard, but let me speak my mind here.

"just got to add...would that be because they had a plan"

I don't think the GM's have a plan for a screw up, I think they instinctively overcome the bumble. They don't have to think about it much, they just do it, it's a natural thing for them. They have mucho experience and it kind of takes over.

you don't just do stuff..

reaction to a situation is based off experience and planned response to it..the more experience you have shooting and reading courses and doing it.. you will react..just like how a GM can read a shot on D and make it up before you know what they did...it is planned response to reading the sight. if you stuck to the plan..would shoot two..no one plans to shoot three, but you make up the shot.

so discussion sake..

what makes jamming a reload to bring you up to 8+1 different..its a planned response to experience learned if the situation calls for it.