Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Non-Threats

CSEMARTIN

Appendix 4 - E.

On a shoot through of a non-threat target that also strikes a threat target, the contestant will get the penalty for the non-threat target hit AND will get credit for the scored hit on the threat target. The reverse also applies when a round on a threat target penetrates a non-threat behind it. Hence the rule of thumb: all shoot throughs count (except on hard cover).

We use this set up routinely in the S&W league matches and at the Hartford Gun club. It is completely consistent with the rulebook and is no more or less difficult to set-up and run than having the NT in front of the threat.

Craig

A.T. - The shooter must be aware of the target and what is beyond.

Target is 10 yrds away and bullet travels 50yrds total you get credit for all damage.

Ok, I understand that. I misunderstood. I thought the NT was very close to the threat target.

A.T.

We use this set up routinely in the S&W league matches and at the Hartford Gun club. It is completely consistent with the rulebook and is no more or less difficult to set-up and run than having the NT in front of the threat.

Craig

I can attest to that. The stage that you SO'd at the S&W Championships two years ago had a non-thret tucked behind a threat target. I should know because that was my last stage of the day and I hit the damn thing.

At our local matches we will sometimes but a non-threat behind a popper. You wouldn't believe the number of people who see steel and hose.

I would believe it is legal, but only if the shooters are allowed a proper walk through. Hiding a non-threat behind a threat and not allowing a walk through on that stage is devious and only penalizes the first few shooters through the COF. Therefore, skewing the results of that stage.

IMO, this is not in the spirit of IDPA if it is done as stated above.

I agree that the shooter should always know what is behind their intended target, but give them the chance to figure that out with a walk through.

I set-up a stage like this a few months ago. No one really b!tched about it, but they were very intrigued by the set-up. Many of the shooters had never even thought of NT's being behind threats.

I think it is great twist on a stage. As stated bebore, just be sure to give the shooters room to get their angles and miss the NT.

BTW, walk throughs are for sissies! :roflol: Just hose and go, if it's brown, it's down!

I think it is a great idea. I might have to use that in our next match.

Want to make some shooters upset? Put a non-threat behind a popper. I did it a couple months ago and I have been hearing about it ever since. :lol:

I set-up a stage like this a few months ago. No one really b!tched about it, but they were very intrigued by the set-up. Many of the shooters had never even thought of NT's being behind threats.

I think it is great twist on a stage. As stated bebore, just be sure to give the shooters room to get their angles and miss the NT.

BTW, walk throughs are for sissies! :roflol: Just hose and go, if it's brown, it's down!

I had the opportunity to shoot the stage that Sirveyr is referring to. It intrigued my interest as I had never seeing this done before. Sirveyr set the stage up properly by allowing ample room for shooters to move in order to get their angles right and miss the NT.

No one bitched about it because we were too busy bitching about that other guys shoot/reload debacle!!!!!!!