Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Carter

dcarter

I had a great time today shooting at Circleville. As is the norm, I had problems on the classifier and a couple mikes on one stage but all-in-all it was a great time and good practice for tomorrow. I will be getting up at o-dark thirty to get out to Indiana in time to look the stages over. I'm sure the match will be run as well as it always has and that I will have a good time. My gear is ready and I'm ready to go.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hope all went well Dan. Missed you at Oxford. You should take over running that match when Dave and John retire!!!

Addict

I think I may be taking over MRPC in the next few years and don't know how I would run 2 clubs. I want Don to take that job so we could work together on both.

I just got back from the Indiana sectional and had a great time. I don't have any pictures or video cause I didn't bring my camera. I had a couple of really good stages and a couple that I could have done without shooting all together. I should have worked on my plate racks a few more times cause I just blew that stage. I also had a great time at Circleville on Saturday. The weather couldn't have been better for either match and I only had a couple of real brain farts over the weekend. I got back and found my shirts had arrived! I think they look great! I wanted to get them before the Area 5 match and Revi made it happen for me.

My wife walked into the room while I was typing this and had to come back after she had left. She doesn't know about the shirts.....yet. I'm going to have to tell her sooner or later but I just don't want to hear all the crap just now.

My next match will probably be at Miamisburg. This will be the first time I've been there since last year because I just don't have the time. I'm on vacation this week but promised the "better half" that she could have some time out of the house. It is a fair trade as long as I get to go to my matches.

Edited by dcarter

Doh! Nearly busted! Gotta get her into the sport. When she is into it she will shower you with new guns pounds of powder all the primers she can find and get all amorous when she smells Hoppes #9!!

Addict

As always I had a great time shooting Sunday at Miamisburg. This was my first match at Miamisburg since last year but it was good practice for the Area 5. I got a call from work while I was shooting from my supervisor telling me that my time off for this weekend was cancelled due to a large biker ralley being held downtown. I already have paid my match fees and I have a room reserved for Area 5. There is no way I'm missing this match!!!!!!! I'm starting to feel sick already. :wacko: I may end up spending the next few weeks on the desk but I don't care. See ya'll this weekend!

Edited by dcarter

LMAO!

Dan you had a pretty good match. Some strong points are your ability to break down stages (we both ran that last stage the same) and your splits on targets 33ft and in. What seemed to give you a little problem was shot placement on hard cover/no-shoot targets. I'm not sure where you're aiming, but the top GM's teach to shoot in the center of the available scoring area.

Catch you this Sat at Area 5!

LMAO!

Dan you had a pretty good match. Some strong points are your ability to break down stages (we both ran that last stage the same) and your splits on targets 33ft and in. What seemed to give you a little problem was shot placement on hard cover/no-shoot targets. I'm not sure where you're aiming, but the top GM's teach to shoot in the center of the available scoring area.

Catch you this Sat at Area 5!

I have had difficulty with that on numerous occassions. The only thing I can come up with is that I know I have trouble with them and I pay more attention to where my shots are going instead of trusting my sights. Thanks for the comments. I am still working on being able to go to the Area 5. My time off has been denied and I have to go over my LT's head and talk to the Capt. tomorrow after court. If she tells me no, I guess I'll have to give it up. If I call off sick I'm afraid of what they might do. I may end up directing traffic on I-75 during rush hour. :unsure:

Good luck Dan! Any word on the promotion opportunity to Area One?

Addict

I did not get the job as the range officer. They gave it to a woman.....like the rumors said they would. Oh well!.

I have made "GM" in two divisions in one day!

I am now a "GM" in bull_hit and _ss kissing divisions. I talked my way into getting those days off I needed for this weekend. Of course I had to go through 3 Sergeants, 1 LT and one Captain to get them. I will now be able to make it to the Area 5 without sitting on the desk for the rest of my life. I will be getting ready for the rest of the week. See you folks after Sunday.

Dan, Chris or Micah,

I'm hoping one of you guys will be able to bring my guns back to Cincy for me from Area 5 as I'm flying on to Boston Sunday afternoon.

If one of the others can't do it I'll bring them back. I'm driving and will be able to give them back to you at MRPC or sooner if you need them.

I'm all packed and ready to go. I'll be leaving at O Dark thirty to get there early enough to get a look at the stages. See ya'll there.

Dan, Chris or Micah,

I'm hoping one of you guys will be able to bring my guns back to Cincy for me from Area 5 as I'm flying on to Boston Sunday afternoon.

If one of the others can't do it I'll bring them back. I'm driving and will be able to give them back to you at MRPC or sooner if you need them.

I'm all packed and ready to go. I'll be leaving at O Dark thirty to get there early enough to get a look at the stages. See ya'll there.

Good luck--

Dan,

Thanks for the offer, that will work out great since I'm planning to shoot MRPC.

We had torential rain here in Dorr today and this evening. I will need my waders for the shoot tomorrow. See you then!

I got a good look at the satges today with PB helping me out with some of my planning. It looks pretty straight forward. A few changes from the posted stage diagrams (as always) but nothing major. Now all I have to do is execute my plan and enjoy the day in the sun. I'll be getting up very early so I'm going to drink some water and get to bed. Note to self: Shoot only the tan targets!

I had a lot of stuff to do when I got back from A-5 so I couldn't sit around and type on the computer but I had a good time. As laways the people were great (shooters and staff). The stages were pretty straight forward and not all that difficult but somehow I managed 5 no shoots and way more "D" hits than I would have liked. My times were respectable so my planning and movement were not the problem. I had very few make-up shots and I didn't have any brain farts on any of the stages. If I had to come out of this with something it is to practice accuracy. Some of the no shoots I hit I can't believe I hit. I mean right in your face kind of targets. Maybe I was going too fast trying to leave a position or just not calling my shots like I should. I have a local match this weekend at MRPC and plan on making up for my mistakes at this match.

I have noticed that I do really well on some stages and others I just tank. I beleive this is because of what is going threw my little brain just before I shoot. The books that i have read apparently were correct. If you think about all the possible problems you could have on a stage, guess what, more than likely you are going to see one or more of those problems as you shoot. I need to take a closer look at what I am thinking about before I run a great stage and then try to repeat that for every stage.

Dan,

Thanks for bringing my "stuff" back from Area 5. My weapons never would have made it home from my Boston trip as I nearly missed every flight due to storms.

Thanks!

I just got back from firearms training for the department and had a great time. We run a Top Gun course every year to find the best shooter out of each class and I have won it for my class every year except last year when a district 5 officer won by 2 seconds. Funny how things come around but just by chance he and I were in the same class again this year and I won Top Gun by a large margin. My time is only 3 seconds off the best time for the year and the second best time of the year.

I had a great time with my squad at last Sunday's match at MRPC. Watching my video I could see several places that I need to work on. I had some accuracy issues on the classifier that I am blaming on a bad grip on the gun. I could have sped up on 2 other stages and done a little better and didn't follow my plan on another stage which cost me a good couple of seconds. But it was a nice day with friends!

I had a good time with the regulars at Oxford Sunday. I can take a lot of possitive things away from this match. First, I finally realized why my shooting strong and weak hand has been so off and I realized it in the middle of the classifier at Oxford. I wasn't prepeing the trigger. The M&P has a lot of take up and I was just slapping the trigger causing my rounds to go everywhere but where I wanted them to. My times have improved but need to keep improving. I was watching one shooter in particular move through a stage and with the exception of lateral movement his upper body never changed. In other words he didn't bounce through the stage like I often do. (NO FAT JOKES PLEASE) My times seem to always be a lot slower but my points keep my head above water (sometimes). I think I need to start moving faster getting to the shooting. I can also say I had no "MIKES" and no "Penalties". All-in-all I ended the day HOA in production. PB was shooting limited or I would have been 2nd even with his massive hangover.

I'm trying to get a few of my co-workers out to the range. It is very clear that most of them could use the extra practice.