Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lead prices falling

JD45

Lead prices were under 53 cents a pound today. That is almost where it was before they told us China was buying it all and we were shooting too many rounds overseas.

It's probably wishful thinking, but it sure would be nice to see bullets and lead shot at prices like they used to be.

Lead prices were under 53 cents a pound today. That is almost where it was before they told us China was buying it all and we were shooting to many rounds overseas.

It's probably wishful thinking, but it sure would be nice to see bullets and lead shot at prices like they used to be.

I used to get plated Speer 230 grain round nose bullets for $49/thousand--shipped.

I'd love to see these prices again.

You never know... With the downturn in the economy, the bullet makers may have no choice but to lower prices as demand drops off. People are holding on to their cash resources a lot tighter than they were 60 days ago.

I hope you're right.

Demand has bottomed out in this household :( Haven't shot a match since July. I was going through a few K/month between practice and matches, but have gone through less than 500 in 3 months now...doing pure load development. I'll have to sit this one out.

I have not fired a shot is over 5 months, and my supply is low. I got a call today from a supplier with who I was on their waiting list for some 230 grainers. Gotta call them back tomorrow, their price will determine the amount I buy, IF any.

I just check both Zero and Montana Gold FMJ. Both are up over last month. They have to use up their expensive raw materials first, then IF prices are still down, bullet prices MAY come down. Some.

Right, and my buy could be 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000 or none, depends upon price, and they will be made aware of it too!!!

i reckon it has become a buyers market.

Wouldn't it be nice if everything worked this way for all of us.

Just go and tell your boss that your "raw materials cost" (gas, home utilities, food, health insurance) has doubled or tripled and you'll be needing an increase in pay to match. You can even be nice and tell him that if your costs come down you'll let him know so he can readjust your pay.

Just go and tell your boss that your "raw materials cost" (gas, home utilities, food, health insurance) has doubled or tripled and you'll be needing an increase in pay to match. You can even be nice and tell him that if your costs come down you'll let him know so he can readjust your pay.

Just tried it. My boss told me to get bent, and I'm self employed!

Just tried it. My boss told me to get bent, and I'm self employed!

By "boss" do you mean your pistol packing bride? :roflol:

I just check both Zero and Montana Gold FMJ. Both are up over last month. They have to use up their expensive raw materials first, then IF prices are still down, bullet prices MAY come down. Some.

Hopefully it will fall as fast as it went up. Mine went from 67/k to 91/k in 6 months. We'll see.