Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to buy SVI 38Super Magazines?

dlee14

I need some 38 Super SVI magazines. I have a few STI mags, but by the time I replace the guts and base, I figured I might try to get the SVI as a starting point. So need tubes, probably Bolen pads, springs and followers. Where is the best place to buy this stuff? It seems like nobody carries the SVI mags and the few companies that list it are always out of stock; including SVI. Can't they just run the machine overnight to make a pile of the things? Thanks for the help and I promise never to beat you in a match; never.

I need some 38 Super SVI magazines. I have a few STI mags, but by the time I replace the guts and base, I figured I might try to get the SVI as a starting point. So need tubes, probably Bolen pads, springs and followers. Where is the best place to buy this stuff? It seems like nobody carries the SVI mags and the few companies that list it are always out of stock; including SVI. Can't they just run the machine overnight to make a pile of the things? Thanks for the help and I promise never to beat you in a match; never.

now that's funny...SVI 170 tubes...good luck. they are rare.

Don't know. I've e-mailed SVI twice in the last 45 days as to availability, no response to either. :angry2: Hope you have better luck.

You have to forget about email and as I suggested get on the phone, and put in an order. If they are out of stock yours will be put on the next production run. Have you called renee at SSI ?

I have some extra tubes, both 140 and 170. PM me and we will work something out.

For all of you who wonder, as I did, what"s the problem getting SVI mags. I spoke with one of the Strayers who told me that " they are a small manufacturer and the demand far exceeds what they can supply. They setup machines for gun production and then have to tear them down and setup for mag production. They make what they can and then they have to go back to making gun parts again." They even weld their own mag tubing. Leave a message. They will call you back and are very polite and concerned about you as a customer, but I gather they can only make so much. I suppose they could farm it out but then as we all know you lose control and quality control. Place an order at the factory and you'll get it.

• 4 weeks later...