Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Used returns

Rob Boudrie

I hate it when home improvement stores put returned items that are no longer new, and missing parts, on the shelf after they are returned to sell as new. It's happened to me on each of my last two home projects.

This is the note that is going in with the one that's one it's way back:

__________ CUSTOMER:

This was returned to ________ because it was obviously pre-installed and missing parts. If you got this unit, it means that ________ didn’t pay any attention to this when I pointed it out at the time of return and is trying to sell it a third time. You may want to show them this note and tell them how you got it when you return this item.

October 16, 2008

I was going past the return desk some time back when a guy dressed as a Preacher was trying to return 1/2 used cans of 1 gallon paint. several cans sounded to be less than 1/2 full when he set them on the counter.

I stopped long enough to see the teller send him packing. :cheers: with out his cash

Edited by AlamoShooter

I recently returned a 50lb bag of horsefeed. It only weighed 35lbs. Evidently the bag had been torn and resealed at the feed store. I noticed it stacking it and thought it felt light so I weighed it.

From now on, whenever I return something, I'm tucking a note into the instruction manual where the vendor will not find it upon cursory examination.

As the next customer, I might have a hard time finding the note if you left it there... :blush: