Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 High Plains Shotgun Challenge

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good News! The Oklahoma City Gun Club Youth League will be providing lunch on both Saturday and Sunday at the range. Cost of lunch is $6.00 for an Entrée, chips, drink, and desert. All the funds go to the youth league and I recommended they run a tip jar. Let really support our Jr. Shooters.

Good News! The Oklahoma City Gun Club Youth League will be providing lunch on both Saturday and Sunday at the range. Cost of lunch is $6.00 for an Entrée, chips, drink, and desert. All the funds go to the youth league and I recommended they run a tip jar. Let really support our Jr. Shooters.

I thought Pinto was going to be in his housewife apron baking for us in the clubhouse?

oh well, its probably for the better; he probably cant bake either :ph34r: .

I thought Pinto was going to be in his housewife apron baking for us in the clubhouse?

Actually, Pinto can cook. He will make a fine wife once he learns how to shoot.

The match is almost here, and we still have openings available if anyone is still thinking about it. the COWBOY division, is a BUST, I have no takers and at this late date have decided to eliminate it from the choices, the plaque maker has been given all the info and its too late to make changes and still get the awards to the match.

The Standard Manual division will be recognized, I am aware of at least one more participant in that division, because their Auto, broke on them this last weekend. It appears that every recognized division will have good competition. If you have any NEW squadding requests, they need to be sent to me via email NLT, March 15th, any request received after that will cost you 5 seconds on a stage of my choosing!!!!!!! :surprise:

sorry for the interruption, but duty called. Saved another one!!!!!!

The question of required buckshot came up, for 12ga, the maximum is 9 pellets, and it must be 00 buck or larger. 20ga, #3 buck or larger is required. No shotguns will be required to be plugged, in order to reduce capacity, we will only require the SG to be loaded to division capacity prior to the start buzzer.

The match will require you to multitask, so practice thinking and shooting at the same time. See you in a couple of weeks.

trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

things that go thru your head when you're trying to go back to sleep are really strange, but this one relates to the match so here it goes.

I would like to have NO ONE walking around with an uncased SG in their hands, by walking around I mean like from the car to the stage, or from stage to stage, etc. Please have them cased or in a rack or holder of some kind, just not a "hand holder" of some kind. We are planning on having some media at the range and want to portray a good, safe environment. We will be mass preloading shooters SG tubes ONLY!!!! and then leaving them in a designated area, please do not go fiddlin'with your SG after it has been preloaded, w/o notifying the stage official in charge, of your intentions.

Arredondo accessories has provided us with a new product of his, chamber flags, they will be in your shooters pack please try and use them as much as possible. they are not going ot be "required". but try and use them because many matches do require them and they are a gift from Ralph!!!!

Trapr

Here is a schedule that I hope to keep!!!!!

FRIDAY:

RO's shoot from 9:00am till finished, HOPEFULLY!!!!

Registration at STAT SHACK on RANGE, NOON to 6pm

SATURDAY:

830am: shooters meeting at Stat Shack,

9:00am Squad 1 at Stage 1, Squad 2 at Stage 3, Squad 3 at Stage 5, Squad 4 at Stage 8, and Squad 5 at Stage 11.

Progress to next stage as you finish,

Lunch break: NOON to 1:30pm,

After Lunch Start off where you stopped,

Squads 2 and 3 need to shoot 9 stages on Saturday, This will make for an easier day on Sunday.

Squads 1, 4, and 5, need to shoot 8 stages on Saturday, if they can shoot 9 that will be OK.

DO NOT JUMP STAGES, UNLESS DIRECTED BY MATCH STAFF.

SUNDAY:

9:00am Shooters meeting at Stat Shack,

Everyone starts shooting NLT 10:00am,

Start where you left off.

Lunch break after shooting all remaining stages.

2:00pm, Prize table and awards

4:00pm We've had too much fun,......so leave and go home!!!!!

trapr

FYI for everyone shooting this match. I hope you all have your stockpile of slugs and buck shot. I bought the last of it from walk-mart in Edmond. There is none anywhere around here, I've called bass pro, h&h, sportsmans, academy and several other local gun shops 50 miles out. So good luck finding some, just thought you should know.

Actually, Pinto can cook. He will make a fine wife once he learns how to shoot.

Too late 343.. I am giving up the shooting thing again. Everything is for sale in the classifieds. Good luck all and have fun.

:cheers: Not a chance!! :cheers: