Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 35 - New barrel

BlakeM

I am getting ready to build up my Glock 35 and I want to begin by replacing the stock barrel with a new barrel. I just began reloading and I shoot in the junior USPSA division weekly so I put many rounds through my gun weekly. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Blake

Some people have reported the need to drift the sights to compensate for that new barrel. Something about the rifling in the glock stock being different.

That being said, I replaced a G22 factory barrel with a storm lake and never did need to change my sights. Shot the same, just tighter.

Welcome to the forums Blake :) There are a TON of great shooters in your area ( no doubt you have been interacting with some of them judging by your icon)

I would really only recommend picking up an aftermarket barrel if you are shooting lead. Pretty much any other reason is fictitious. KKM is the best way to roll.

Thanks. I had the great opportunity to go to the junior camp this past weekend and shoot with some of the members of the USAMU. I got to meet Rob Leatham as well!

I had a blast and learned a lot of great skills.

i replaced my stock barrel with a lone wolf barrel and was dissappointed with it.Its not much better than what my stock barrel shoots,dont get me wrong it groups good enough but just not any better than the factory barrel :wacko:

Thanks for all of the replies. Down the road I will be shooting some lead and since I reload already I wanted to make the change. Looks like I will be checking into the KKM.

Thanks again,

Blake

Someone has a used KKM G35 barrel for sale in the forum classifieds. Might be worth checking out.

Jim

Hi Blake. Welcome! It sounds like you are starting out right. Wish I could shoot with the USAMU. I shoot a 34 and shoot a lot of lead bullets so I went to an an aftermarket barrel. I chose the Storm Lake and have been very happy with it. $ kept me from getting a KKM or Barsto but I am sure they would have been as good or better. Shoot safe and include your friends. Get them involved. WE always have room for more.

Dwight

Edited by Dwight Stearns