Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I notice there are a lot of half IPSC targets. Is this an actual target made that way or just cut in half. If it's just cut in half I assume that it doesn't have a non-scoring border. I thought this was a rule regarding paper targets, of course I could be wrong. I'm just picturing a lot of, "well that tiny gray mark is where my bullet touched the target."

I think if you look carefully the targets that are cut horizontally in half have a black non-scoring border on them. It is clearer in some stages than in others. You have to believe that IPSC would not allow an illegal target presentation at the World Shoot.

Jim

Stages 17 & 20 are perfect examples of how to make a 9 round "short course" fun. I like 20 better, but 17 is nice too. 1 popper, 4 swingers, and no statics. :goof:

Looks likes a nice, well-rounded test of shooting skills. Not too many unloaded starts, but a few to keep you on your toes.

I guess they have a hard time coming up with creative names for 35 stages ? :roflol:

I notice there are a lot of half IPSC targets. Is this an actual target made that way or just cut in half. If it's just cut in half I assume that it doesn't have a non-scoring border. I thought this was a rule regarding paper targets, of course I could be wrong. I'm just picturing a lot of, "well that tiny gray mark is where my bullet touched the target."

FWIW, in France at the EHC they had pre-made commercial half targets (the top half, obviously), with a pre-stamped non-scoring border just like regular targets.

Seemed like a neat idea to me-- they still fit on sticks and ought to be much cheaper than regular targets since there's less than half the cardboard. Shooting them is a different game too if you're used to full target presentations with black HC. There's one on the right of this picture.

post-1846-1222835070_thumb.jpg

Looks like there's some swinging plates..

..and 'butterfly swingers'. Anybody know what those are?

..and the usual World Shoot fare of table starts, unloaded starts, chamber empty starts and so on. Between a third and a quarter of the stages (that would be nine, by my count)