Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Load Data for a CZ 75 SP01 Custom .9mm

ramtough47

Hey all you CZ shooters tell me what works the best in your CZ. This is for competition. I have a friend who is getting a CZ from Matt Mink and i am looking at it pretty hard myself. I am a glock shooter who uses 147gr. bullets,TG powder,federal primers,1.135 to 1.140 oal and .375 crimp.

I have read were alot of the CZ seem to do better with 124gr bullets?

I hope Lawman reads this i would like his input as well as anyone else's.

My Sp01 shot 125 and 147 really well.

I used N320, WST, Universal Clays and Clays with great results.

didn't really mess with 115s

if you do a search for minor loads, with those bullet weights in the 9mm/38 reloading section you will find a lot of data.

I'm sure Chuck will chime in.

I'm not sure if I'm the Chuck he meant, but anyway...the best load in my -75B so far is 4.2 grains of TG under a 125 grain Zero JHP, loaded to 1.14" and crimped to .378".

147 grain LFPs over 3.2 grains of Bullseye work well too. AAMOF, just about anything that I can fit in the magazine works well. One exception: Aluminum-cased Blazer doesn't reliably eject in my newer ('06 production) -75B Tactical. According to Matt Mink, CZs in general and aluminum-cased Blazer just don't get along.

I've shot 121gr Rainiers w/Clays and 147gr Xtremes (plated) w/Clays, but have been shooting 124gr Montana Golds w/N340 and have been liking that load lately.

I've tried a friend's load of 124gr Montana Gold bullet w/5.3gr of Ramshot Silouette out of his SP-01 Shadow and have been tempted to try that for a match or 2 or 3.

The 147gr bullets give very little recoil, but does not get the front sight back fast enough compared to the loads using the 124gr bullet.

-Albert

Well, I guess I have to chime in also. I like a 124 gr bullet over ~4.2gr of N320. Over about 10,000 rounds I determined that I really like 124 gr bullets. The 115 are too "snappy" and the 147s make make the whole shot process slow.

YMMV

Later,

Chuck

Well, I guess I have to chime in also. I like a 124 gr bullet over ~4.2gr of N320. Over about 10,000 rounds I determined that I really like 124 gr bullets. The 115 are too "snappy" and the 147s make make the whole shot process slow.

YMMV

Later,

Chuck

Chuck,

What length are you loading these to?

I am a big fan of 115's, don't like 147's in the SP01.

I could never get 100% reliability from them myself when i had my SP01. 124/125's were ok, but the 147s turned it into either a jam-o-matic, or when loaded shorter to prevent FTFs, a tumbling bullet launcher. I gave up.

Thanks Chuck. I'm thinking about busting mine out this weekend for a change from open.

That DA first shot with irons sure is a change from a 1# SA trigger and a dot! :surprise: And, you may have to reload a couple more times. (Very IPSC-like <_< )

Have Fun!

Chuck

If you are new to CZ you will soon find out that the position of the rifling requires very short OALs. Therefore, you'll want to steer clear of your buddy's loads developed for the M&P, SIG or Glock. Typical CZ OALs will range from 1.040 to just under 1.100" unless you are using the standard ogive shaped bullets.

As you've probably already found, published loads for rounds this short are hard to come by. One favorite place is the Hodgdon web site.

:cheers:

Edited by rfwobbly

• 2 weeks later...

My SP-01 really likes a fast powder with 124's. Lately I get great accuracy from 4.2 of Bullseye under a 124gr copper clad bullet. Same bullet, same power factor with Unique for example will shoot slightly low/left from a rest.

• 2 years later...

My SP-01 really likes a fast powder with 124's. Lately I get great accuracy from 4.2 of Bullseye under a 124gr copper clad bullet. Same bullet, same power factor with Unique for example will shoot slightly low/left from a rest.

I have used this exact recipe when rolling my own for the SP-01. I run them to 1.133 OAL. I have had people tell me Bullseye is not a good powder to use, however I find it shoots good tight groups out of the SP-01. Not real dirty either. Definately one of my favorite.

RCG