Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who makes a single stack 1911 in .40 S&W

waktasz

Oops, I guess I should have mentioned I want a commander size. I want my carry gun to shoot the same ammo as my competition gun. I already checked out the Ranger on Brazos, but didn't know about Shootersconnection.

Thanks

The only one I know of is the STI Ranger II, which is at a good price point and is nice gun overall. Is there anything else I'm overlooking?

Kimber makes a nice stainlessII.

I was going to say the same thing, until I read:

Oops, I guess I should have mentioned I want a commander size. I want my carry gun to shoot the same ammo as my competition gun. I already checked out the Ranger on Brazos, but didn't know about Shootersconnection.

Thanks

But, Kimber still makes commander and officer size 40's - the Stainless Pro Carry II and the Stainless Ultra Carry II.

You havent looked at the VIP, Its an officer's sized doublestack grip and a 3.9" slide/barrel. I believe a 120mm mag flush fits for carry then reload with a 126, 140 or 170mm mag. I wanted a para 1540 alloy which is a commander sized slightly shorter grip gun. I went round and round looking at same ammo similar feel to my competition gun, Going 40 in a carry 1911 you'll spend more and take more tinkering to run perfectly. So much simpler and easier just getting an alloy commander 45 acp and keeping seperate ammo.