Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reminder - 7th Annual MCRC Toys for Tots Action Pistol Match

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just signed up for toys for tots match in COLUMBIA SC DEC.13--who,s going ,CLICK LINK--IF IT WORKS :roflol:http://lchico.5u.com/t4t-info.html

SORRY DIDN'T SEE OTHER THREAD

There are 6 Revolver shooters now in Toys for Tots. . . That's more than some major matches! Still have room for about 30 more shooters.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2008 Toys for Tots Statistician

The Colón's will be there... Homeless :(

Jack? ;)

"The Boss" was asking if y'all were coming this year and where you were going to stay? She said something about a cookbook and then being forgotten or something like that..... ;)

Mi case es su case.....

Tell "La Jefa" that we may have neglected 'er a bit but she's never forgotten.

Puerto Rican cuisine cookbook: CHECK!

:D

Only a few slots left (I think 10 or so as of this weekend). Waiting list will start soon. Registration and sponsor information are available at www.southcarolina-uspsa.org. Oh, Linda tells me that we already have a lot of wheel-gunners registered......

Edited by Jack Suber

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I wanted to let everyone know that we are changing the name of the match to:

The Tim Daugherty Memorial Toys for Tots Action Pistol Match

in memory of our friend. We look forward to seeing everyone in a couple of weeks.

http://www.southcarolina-uspsa.org/T4T08%20Announcement.htm

Less than two weeks to go...........can't wait 

Banks

Hmmm......Twelve revolver competitors out of 120 total competitors. :surprise: This should be interesting to say the least. I am torn wheather I would want to be in a majority revolver squad, as it would be interesting to watch such a number of revolver shooters ply their skills. On the other hand it might affect my focus when I step up to engage the stages, as I am used to deciding on how I will approach stages ignoring how other shooters handle it (being that I am usually the only revolver shooter in a squad). :unsure:

Time will tell. :P

Edited by Blueridge

One week to go. I wanted to emphasize the importance of this year's match. The Marine Reserve Unit that handles Toys for Tots in our area (the 4th LAR), deployed to Afghanistan in September. Only six Marines remain behind to carry-out administrative functions. As a result, the Marines will not have staff available to fully support the Toys for Tots program. This, combined with the economic conditions could make it difficult for needy children in our area to have a Merry Christmas. That is why it is important, now more than ever, to support the USMC and the Toys for Tots program. Keep in mind that EVERYTHING for this match has been donated. As a result, we have no costs and ALL proceeds will go directly to Toys for Tots.

Sponsors have been great! So, I thought I would go ahead and recognize our sponsors:

Mid-Carolina Rifle Club, Mossberg Firearms, ParaUSA, BrianEnos.com, Springfield Armory, CPWSA, TechwearUSA, Viking Tactics, Infinity Firearms, IronMind, Joseph and Janet Katz, Starline Brass, USPSA, Millennium Custom, Speed Shooter Specialties, Redding Reloading, American Shooters Edge, Atlanta Arms and Ammo, Wilson Combat, CHEYTAC USA, ESS, MLM International, Target Barn, JR's Hearing Muff Sweats, Trijicon, Rugged Gear, Revi Technical Wear, LaRue Tactical 

Here is a link to the Toys for Tots information page complete with links to our sponsors: http://www.southcarolina-uspsa.org/T4T08%20Announcement.htm . Please be sure to thank them. See y'all on the 13th!

There has been talk about the number of revolver shooters, but no mention on how the shooters are spread across the classes. I am curious to see where the majority of revolver shooters are class wise. :unsure:

Devon is the only one I know for sure and he is a M class Revolver shooter.

Well my own curiosity got the better of me and I looked up all of the revolver competitors. The classifications are as follows:

M Class: 1

A Class: 0

B Class: 4

C Class:3

D Class:3

U Class: 1

Pretty good spread of classes I think. :cheers:

(I looked through competitions in the region to get the member numbers and checked them on the USPSA website. Only two of the competitors that I could not verify, due to the competition that I found them listed on did not have their USPSA member numbers listed.)

Edited by Blueridge

Great looking stages. I was hoping to see the platform or over the bridge may a come back.

Can't wait till Staurday see you out there.

John

I am saving those for the State Match in May. :ph34r: Set-up is pretty tedious with those and considering we only have a day for set-up, I decided to leave those off.

One other thing we are doing this year - Outdoor propane heaters. We'll have 4 placed along the bays so people won't get too chilled....

Excellent can't wait.

What a way to end the year. Coming of FB3G and then go right into the T4T.

Just to keep it light and fun and I am going OLD SCHOOL for this match. I will be shooting L-10 with Single Stack 1911 in Ernie Hill Leather. :P

REMINDER!!!!

If you have already pre-registered for the match and are unable to attend, PLEASE let Linda Chico know ASAP. The match is full with 120 competitors registered. We have 14 on the waiting list. We have to keep the limit at 120 because of the limited amount of daylight.

Now, back to stuffing shooters bags..... :wacko: