Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The first snow of the year!

kurtm

Well this morning @ 4:00 a.m. R.M.S.T it was 54 degrees F. At 10:17 it is now snowing like crazy. It rained all last night from 5:20 p.m. to 3:00a.m. and put out all the fires that were going around Pinedale, now my truck has about 1/2" of the white stuff on it, I love the first snow of the year, and if we weren't running casing I would go to town to enjoy a first snow toddy! Skiing can't be too far away, and quiet nights with the fireplace going. KurtM

Not to be entirely left out, it got down to 39 degrees here two nights ago. :unsure: A record low.

More evidence of Global warming :wacko:

:roflol::roflol:

See this !! Better get a good jacket !! :D In the past when this happened, beer came into popularity as

grapes would not grow anymore in northern Europe ...

http://www.dailytech.com/Sun+Makes+History...rticle12823.htm

Casing is the pipe that is put into the well bore on oil and gas wells. Running casing is the act of screwing the 30' section together and lowering them to the bottom of the well bore, which is then cemented into place. Then we lower perferation explosives to make holes in the pipe so we can get the good stuff out. We ran 14,155' of the stuff today. For some funny reason they don't like us drunk while handling explosives....so no toddy for me! Hey Smokey Bear...the Wind River,s are now white on top! WYWH!!!

Ummmm..... forecast high of 92 today, sunshine and a 7MPH sea breeze. What is this snow thing that you speak of? :P

J/K... spent 8 years of my service time deployed out of Germany, and became all too familiar with the cold white stuff. Platoon sergeants found it amusing to make us bewildered Southern boys grab the snow shovels first. I now have a distinct dislike for the stuff. I also spent one winter in N.J. with the wife looking for a home there...that lasted 5 months. I guess that I forgot how much I hated it. Pretty when it falls, but after that it's a freaking wet black mess.

I'm glad someone enjoys it. :blush:

Casing is the pipe that is put into the well bore on oil and gas wells. Running casing is the act of screwing the 30' section together and lowering them to the bottom of the well bore, which is then cemented into place. Then we lower perferation explosives to make holes in the pipe so we can get the good stuff out. We ran 14,155' of the stuff today. For some funny reason they don't like us drunk while handling explosives....so no toddy for me! Hey Smokey Bear...the Wind River,s are now white on top! WYWH!!!

That brings back some fun memories (I worked for Dresser Atlas in the 80s - we were on quite a few 4-milers).