Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EGW Melt Bushing in SSD

Nemo

This weekend it was pointed out to me at a local match that the EGW Melt Bushing may not be legal for Single Stack Division because it adds weight. What do you guys think? My take on it is that it is a bushing not a weight and it won't add any more weight than a full length guide rod vs. the GI stubby one.

Anyone?

This weekend it was pointed out to me at a local match that the EGW Melt Bushing may not be legal for Single Stack Division because it adds weight. What do you guys think? My take on it is that it is a bushing not a weight and it won't add any more weight than a full length guide rod vs. the GI stubby one.

Anyone?

Will the gun make weight? If so, what's the problem, unless it's depleted uranium?

Good question the only mention I see is here...

22 Prohibited modifications and features

•External modifications or features such as weights or devices

to control or reduce recoil (such as, but not limited to, thumb

rests or components which could be used as such).

•Coned barrels, bull barrels, or barrels with flanges, except in

1911 compact pistols with a barrel length of 4.20 inches or

less. (Note: All other barrels must have barrel bushings and

conform to factory profile).

•Slide lightening, cuts, ports, or any milling deemed to provide a competitive advantage.

23 Permitted features •External extractors, firing pin blocks, and other factory safe-

ty features.

•Slide – milling permitted only to duplicate a mass-produced

factory slide available to the general public or as required to

insert sights.

•Factory installed light rail attachments if the dust cover is no

longer than 3.25 inches measured from the rear of the slide

stop pin to the front of the dust cover.

From what I'm reading it looks as if you are good to go with it providing you make weight.

Edited by JThompson

Good question the only mention I see is here...

22 Prohibited modifications and features

•External modifications or features such as weights or devices

to control or reduce recoil (such as, but not limited to, thumb

rests or components which could be used as such).

•Coned barrels, bull barrels, or barrels with flanges, except in

1911 compact pistols with a barrel length of 4.20 inches or

less. (Note: All other barrels must have barrel bushings and

conform to factory profile).

•Slide lightening, cuts, ports, or any milling deemed to provide a competitive advantage.

23 Permitted features •External extractors, firing pin blocks, and other factory safe-

ty features.

•Slide – milling permitted only to duplicate a mass-produced

factory slide available to the general public or as required to

insert sights.

•Factory installed light rail attachments if the dust cover is no

longer than 3.25 inches measured from the rear of the slide

stop pin to the front of the dust cover.

From what I'm reading it looks as if you are good to go with it providing you make weight.

Having never seen a melt bushing but simply as the name implies, does it conform to factory bushing profile?

(Note: All other barrels must have barrel bushings and conform to factory profile). - that seems pretty clear to me.

Having never seen a melt bushing but simply as the name implies, does it conform to factory bushing profile?

(Note: All other barrels must have barrel bushings and conform to factory profile). - that seems pretty clear to me.

It's not exactly the same profile of the factory 1911 bushing but I believe the "conformance to factory profile" talks about the barrel itself. Here's the bushing.

Hi Nemo,

Would I be correct, from looking at the picture, that EGW took the sharp edges off of the bushing and made it nice and smooth? Does it fit on an otherwise stock barrel (normal configuration barrel, not a bull or coned barrel)?

Will that smooth surface cut at least a tenth off of your draw due to reduced wind resistance? If so, I want one. :rolleyes:

Gary

Hi Nemo,

Would I be correct, from looking at the picture, that EGW took the sharp edges off of the bushing and made it nice and smooth? Does it fit on an otherwise stock barrel (normal configuration barrel, not a bull or coned barrel)?

Will that smooth surface cut at least a tenth off of your draw due to reduced wind resistance? If so, I want one. :rolleyes:

Gary

EGW Melt bushing matches the slides profile. If the gun makes weight who cares about the bushing profile.

norinco2ov2.jpg

Hi Nemo,

Gary

Yes Gary. By improving the aerodynamics of the slide not only has the bushing help increase my draw speed but also I now can achieve faster transitions between targets. B) I also have this bridge for sale...

:D

my wifes sister uses a pushup bra to make hers melt and look more rounded and fit better...i cant see where this would be any different then rounding off a bomar sight or the safties or no different then changing grips to get a better trigger engagement...melted is good..and looks good