Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Perfect Ten

ErikW

I happened upon a .10 split time today practicing with my Open gun. Ran some .11s and lots and lots of .12s. Close targets, full and partial, practicing choppy acquisition field courses.

I got that thing dialed in, running the short tungsten guide rod. I pity the fools at the Oregon Open!

• 3 months later...

The Supertanker has a full size 5.5" bbl, cone comp, and full-profile comp. My gunsmith built it with a long, two-piece (6") guide rod that extends past the slide and through the comp. If I don't clean it and Loctite it when I screw it together, then let it set for 24 hours, it comes loose after a few hundred rounds. I dislike taking it apart and I hate putting it back together.

So I took a tungsten guide rod for a 5" Limited gun and used it. It doesn't extend into the comp. The gun felt softer. Mongo like!

PaulW, externally it looks the same. Only change is the guide rod, June or July. I'm jonesing for a new comp and/or blowholes.

BTW, I shot Nolan's Open gun, very similar, built by the same gunsmith. However, with the Agrip, long trigger, and lighter reset, I couldn't manage to shoot it very fast.

Ron, get to work with that revolver. It's not hindered by a slide, recoil spring, and disconnector, so .08 splits should be no trouble. ;)

• 4 months later...

BrianH, of course you realize that post was from last year. Will there be a Roseburg match this year? I heard about an Oregon section match in Medford; would it replace Roseburg? That was just about the best run match I have attended. If I can afford to return, it may not be with the Supertanker, which I am close to retiring and/or selling. Not to worry, because I shoot faster with a Limited gun. Bring it on!

Oregon IPSC is in Medford in June, Columbia Cascade is in Portland in Aug, Crazy Crock is in Sept.

Medford is a great range, but in June it's going to be hotter than fvvk! Last Area 1 I did there we were doing about 104 degrees by 10 am. Arizona shooters should be right at home........

My current record is a .07 split and it wasn't a CED timer echo.

My local indoor range has subguns available for firing. One guy wanted to try one out so just for hoots I ran my Pact using the 'buzz gun' mode just to see what the splits are. Splits ran from .082 to .087. Firing rate of 523 / minute of 40S&W.

.07 is impressive.

That's impressive!!!

I once pressed the trigger twice and heard only one bang...was that my fastest split ever or maybe something else :wacko: ... my timer couldn't find out either so I've ordered a new... :D:D