Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

East Alabama Gun Club

boz1911

Shot the the inaugural match at the East Alabama gun club yesterday. They did a fantastic job. Stages were well done with multiple solutions available. Cool props and great layout. They even gave away a few prizes, thanks to Brian Enos and Dillon Precision. Congrats to all that put in such a fine effort! :cheers:

I also got to shoot with Rob Romero and see why a GM of his caliber is a GM. The guy is awesome. Steps up to the classifier, 99-21 minimart, and have never shot it before lays down a 5 flat with all Alphas......cool!!

Thanks for all the kind words guys. We set the bar high and intend on keeping it there. I have to thank Ronnie for the stage designs and two new shooters Joey and Jerry for the prop work. Mark K stayed with us Sat even with a hurt knee. ima45dv8 fired the first shots in the match. It's definitely not everday you get to do that and the first shots could not have been fired by a nicer guy. The best part to me is the fact that I got to shoot with 42 friends in my back yard. How cool is that?

Alan

I'll chime in to say it was awesome. :cheers: One of the best I've been to in a while. Great stage design,excellent props,great turnout,nice range,and lots of good people. I felt like I was at one of the better state matches. It was like a mini South Carolina sectional. Well worth the 2 hour drive and I'll plan on doing it every month.

Alan and Ronnie and all others that made it possible.....excellent job guys. Y'alls match will outgrow you with the word of mouth it will get. Start planning now for expansion and more parking.

A little over three months ago, Alan and I were standing in his hay field wondering if he could hear gunfire at his house. Since then he has graduated from college with an A average; held down a full time demanding job; formed a new USPSA club; and, built an eight-bay shooting range.

Alan, my man....YOU DA' MAN!!!

A-G

Hard work, but well worth it. Even with a bad knee and sunburn, all the stages were fun. I really do hope that all the shooters that came will spread the word. 42 shooters is more than most of the club matches I have been to, but the more that show, the more Alan will be to provide.

Alan has taken a huge personal financial stake in the range/club. Ronnie, Joey, Jerry, and Billy have invested huge sweat equity into it. All-gator and I have mostly been cheerleaders, with some sweat.

My most memorable moment was a youg guy none of us had seen before, shooting open. Shooting a really complicated stage that the better shooters were shooting in 24sec or so and most of regular shooters were shooting in 40s. This kid stepped up and shot the 32 round stage CLEAN in 17sec!! Turns out he is and USPSA shooter that was recruited to the USAMU to shoot Olympic Rapid Fire (but is on temp load to the Action Pistol section).

Get the word out.

I finally now have a match to shoot 4 weekends a month - but two are now 20 minutes from my house, instead of 75-120 minutes for all the others.

Hopefully, we will get some of the video shot this weekend posted soon, and we will post the links.

Mark K

I've been to state matches that weren't this good. It's a beautiful facility and the crew built some very fun and challenging stages. John (Singlestack) was hurrying me to get started and I couldn't understand why. Then as soon as I was through shooting he grinned and pointed out that I had just fired the first shots at this new match. I'm very honored to have done so.

I meant to take some video of our last stage as an example of the great course designs but got distracted. In addition to 14 IPSC targets, it had 4 poppers and mini-poppers each of which activated a different mover/swinger/drop-out. There was easily over 10 ways to shoot that stage.

Great job guys! I'll see you there again soon.

MAN WHAT A MATCH. I'm not blowing my horn I'm blowing the horn for Jerry, Joey, Mark, Allen, Billy and all 42 shooters that made this the second most amazing experience of my life. The first one was seeing the birth of my first child. Thank You, Thank you, Thank you for your contribution to my memories, as I'll never forget the compliments and praises that we received.

You guys compaired this match to great major matches, and I just hoped you would have a good time and I wouldn't screw it up. One of the most memorable compliments was when I over heard someone say "This match is as good as Cool Springs". Man, I had a deer in the head light look for a second and the guy thought he had said something wrong. I could not and did not expect such a compliment.

Jerry and Joey have seen and heard what you guys have said and are on fire about it. You should see and hear the excitement at their house tonight. I've just spent about 5 hours over there and I'm high as a kite with out touching a drop.

I have so much to say but, it's late and 6:00 comes early and I'm still tired.

Again, :bow::bow::bow: to all.

We'll do it again next month, 3rd Sunday.

Ronnie

Congratulations to your club. It's good to hear of a new club in Alabama, especially one that's getting off to a great start. Heck, I think the attendance at your first match may be higher than any we've ever had in Mobile. Keep it up, and I hope to see you on the range someday.

Gregg Wheat

Here are pictures and results from this first match

Here are links to videos for three of the stages:

Stage 1 classifier 99-21 Mini Mart - GM production shooter Rob Romero shot it clean in 5.09. RO is ima45dv8.

Stage 2 Backyard BBQ - GM Open shooter Brad Baisley shot it 4 points out to 160 in 17.10. Brad is with the USAMU, shooting Olympic Rapid Fire Pistol :surprise:

Stage 4 Wake up Call - B Limited 10 shooter Alan Lavender (ironequilizer) (Club President and owner of the range), RO is All-Gator. Down 9 points in 20.43

I was somewhat further down the results sheet. I will blame a bum knee :roflol:

Mark K

• 2 weeks later...

I know I am chiming in kind of late here guys, but I just wanted to say how great I thought that match was. It was my second (first being Cool Springs) and I can still remember shot for shot almost all of the stages in my head. Just plain awesome. The most fun i've had in a long time. I'm glad i've gotten the chance to meet everyone and I look forward to many more days like that one with everybody.

Now if I could just figure out how NOT to kill my truck battery every time I come by to practice...

--Lanzo

Edited by Lanzo

I'm glad you finally found the wealth of information here. Yeah..... what's up with you and always being stranded at the range? :wacko: I know what to get you for Christmas or what to put on a prize table for you to try and win......JUMPER CABLES. See ya buddy.

Alan

I'm glad you finally found the wealth of information here. Yeah..... what's up with you and always being stranded at the range? :wacko: I know what to get you for Christmas or what to put on a prize table for you to try and win......JUMPER CABLES. See ya buddy.

Alan

Yeah. I'm actually thinking I should just set up a little shanty right back there by the truck prop. I could bum food and ammo off you and take a bath right there in that pond on the weekends! Sounds like a plan to me....;)

I really should invest in some jumpers. Have to get a new battery first though. I think the second go round pretty much killed it. It didn't have enough juice to turn over this afternoon. Oh well. Another story right!? ;)

--Lanzo