Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Front Sight Magazine...

pnmd

I'm new to IPSC and would like to buy previous issues of Front Sight magazine.

Anyone know where I can purchase some or anyone have any they would like to sell?

I looked on USPSA site I can't find backissues.

Thanks,

Peter :D

Hi There,

Robin Taylor from Front Sight magazine calling.

Duane Thomas sent me your post. It turns out that Front Sight DOES NOT keep back issues. We have a very skimpy morgue, to the tune of maybe four or five copies per issue total (dating back to when Michael Bane ran the magazine), all of which belong to people in the office.

I'm afraid if you're looking for back issues, you're going to have to look for private sources.

Man, if I knew these things were valuable, I wouldn't have chucked them out. :). I usually only keep the ones with articles that are really useful to me.

Robin, given as USPSA isn't/can't make money off the back-issues, what's the possibility of making them available online? It would be a good promo for USPSA to have all that info online, assuming the work isn't massive (sacrifiicing one set to a scanner might be the easiest way).

Hi Robin,

I am assuming that Front Sight has been published electronically (using a layout program like Quark/Pagemaker etc.) for at least the last couple of years. Maybe PDF's could be archived on the website (it's a lot easier to distill a PDF from a postcript file than to scan 75 doublesided pages). PDF security settings can be tailored to prevent content extraction/printing if that is of concern.

Just a thought.

Regards,

Making past issues, and past issues to come available online is a wonderful idea. Either html or pdf would be a great service to the membership. Assuming Mike and Dianne are reading, any one care to make this a campaign promise? :)

I just found this on the USPSA members site...

Roger L. Brown - L-738 7/07/03 07:32:21 PM

Email: 45acp1@ipsc.org

Skokie,IL. USA

If anyone is interested in obtaining past issues of FRONT SIGHT magazine, I am offering back issues, going back to 1989, FREE. If you would like to see what the Nationals looked like 10 years ago, contact me. The only requirement is that you stop by, if you're in the Chicago area or pay for postage to where ever. In consideration of an upcoming move, some (valuable to some) stuff has to go. My wife & I each had to agree to part with lots of stuff. You know how it goes... I couln't just toss them without giving this a try. First come, gets um.

Just found out that PDF's of Front Sight already do exist. They just don't have all of the ad's in them (some needed to be stripped in at the press).

Agreed with EricW that electronic publication of Front Sight is indeed a worthy project. IMHO, if enough support is shown for this, then it just might fly.

Regards,

I have had correspondence with Robin about the availability of PDF files, so he is aware of this issue. I am sure that contacting him directly, and/or calling the USPSA office and voicing your feelings will get the ball rolling if enough folks express themselves on this.

Regards,

Hi all,

I would be interested in reading about IPSC in other countries than mine, and surely I'd like reading about IPSC in its native one.

Is there (or will there be) any way to read Front Sight from outside USPSA and USA?

Looks like the availability of PDF files of the magazine could help.

• 1 year later...

This is an old thread that got revived I see ....

Sky, you do know by now that you can simply join USPSA and receive FSM in your mailbox every two months, do you ?

Just today the latest issue arrived so tonight I can be found curled up in my favorite chair,

with a "do not disturb unless the house is on fire" sign next to me :) .

Any one have any information on the two RO Discepline Policy action that took place durning the Nationals this past year in Bery?? To revoke ones NROI is steep and put someone on probation for a year hurts. <_<

Any one have any information on the two RO Discepline Policy action that took place durning the Nationals this past year in Bery??  To revoke ones NROI is steep and put someone on probation for a year hurts.  <_<

While it is a good question...and one we might all learn from...I am going to ask that we don't talk about that here on the forum. Sorry, I just don't think this is the place for that.