Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kead Bullets ?

el pres

I ordered 10k from Kead a month ago and now cant get ahold of them ??

They have my CC# and I need bullets now ! Anyone know whats going on with them ??

Phone mailbox is now "full" and no longer excepting messages... :angry2:

Dealt with Kead before. Good product, but I have experience long waits and unanswered calls. Try Penn Bullets for similar lead bullets, and better service.

Got some contact info, please?

Penn Bullets: HERE

Kead Bullets: HERE

:cheers:

I've dealt with KEAD before. He makes a nice bullet and his prices are very good but that's about all. As others have said, his customer service is lousy. I've got an order that's gotta be close to a year old that's unfilled. I called a couple times to check on it and finally gave up.

Maybe one of these days the UPS man will really surprise me.

I buy from Kead every year. Orders usually take from 6 to 10 weeks to fill. I've never tried to call him but he always responds promptly to any email I've ever sent him. I'm not in a hurry so I just tell him to put me on the list for the next run of what I want and then he emails when ready.

• 2 weeks later...

I read some good reviews for Kead bullets and decided to order some to try them out. Gave him a call today and placed a small order. Talked to him at length about his business and his operation. Great guy to talk to-very knowledgeable. This was before I Googled Kead and found out the negatives. Needless to say I will not be holding my breath to receive my order anytime soon, if at all. He is a one man operation and also works as a deputy parttime for the Dallas Sheriff's Department when they need him. Supplies stores in the Dallas-Fort Worth area as well as customers in all 48 (50) states. Apparently he was selling bullets via Gunbroker but has several negative feedbacks for not fulfilling orders promptly, if at all. He is no longer selling there. I have had very good success with Missouri Bullet Company-great and very fast service even with my small orders

I ordered 10k from Kead a month ago and now cant get ahold of them ??

They have my CC# and I need bullets now ! Anyone know whats going on with them ??

Phone mailbox is now "full" and no longer excepting messages... :angry2:

• 3 weeks later...
Kead makes great bullets but his customer service sucks. I just wish I new someone else who sold 160gr .38 super/9mm (Magma Engineering mold), especially at a similar price.

GAT Bullets (Gary Thibodaux) 985.446.0093

You may need to wait a while right now, though. Where he lives (Thibodaux - yeah, same name as the town) is the place that Gustav hit hardest in Louisiana.

• 6 months later...

Wow, am I happy I found this thread when I did!! I was getting ready to place my first order from KEAD in the next day or so but, after reading this, I think I will go back to TWO ALPHA BULLETS. The only reason I was going to try KEAD BULLETS is because the claim to offer a harder alloy and I wanted to see if it's true that they cause less barrel leading.

I have ordered from TAB in the past and I have never had to wait for more than 5 days to get them (most times I've had them in 3 days).

TWO ALPHA BULLETS - http://www.twoalphabullets.com/Products.htm

• 4 weeks later...