Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting BANNED!

steel1212

The internet truly is an amazing method of communication. No where else can the napoleonic complex shine with such brilliance -- I am on a forum that will ban you if you discuss PRODUCTS not sponsoring the board. So much for first amendment rights.

Remember that you are a guest on someones Privately owned forum and you have no 1st ammendment rights beyond what the owner grants you. This is as it should be. That being said, ALL privately run forums that I have been on have their biases towards or against certain products. No exceptions that I am aware of.

Sometimes if you say something That rubs a person in power , the wrong way <_<

They will lash out at you.

Its even worse...when what you said is TRUE and correct.

Jim

Some people can't handle the truth, or so said Jack

OK, I have NEV ER frequented a golf forum, so someone please enlighten me via PM, what is this site that is banning you guys. I will be happy to throw some INFORMED fuel on the fire!!!

Hey Jay,

Are you coming to town for the Ryder Cup ? Perhaps we can get together with Corey after a match and help him drown his sorrows.

The internet truly is an amazing method of communication. No where else can the napoleonic complex shine with such brilliance -- I am on a forum that will ban you if you discuss PRODUCTS not sponsoring the board. So much for first amendment rights.

I too was banned from a shooting forum, and Napoleonic complex does not even begin to start that story. It was literally a little man syndrome thing. Me and the site owner continued to butt heads. Some things aren't suppose to be said, true or not, and if he is wrong about something you are suppose to accept it as fact and not try to enlighten anyone.

Scores speak volumes, show up and shoot, the scores will weed out the rest. Facts are facts, no matter how much you don't like them.

I learned not to argue with the site admin/owners, now I just blow them off as egomaniacs when they try that totalitarian bullspit and I go somewhere else where there is a free exchange of information among adults.

Of all the places I have ever been on the internet, this is one of the best. Most of it is because the members are held accountable. In some places folks can be antagonistic and rude because you'll most likely never see them. Some shooting venues don't have matches where people will often assimilate like they do from here so a person can be a prick on line and never have to worry about bumping into you ata match.

Jim

OK, I have NEV ER frequented a golf forum, so someone please enlighten me via PM, what is this site that is banning you guys. I will be happy to throw some INFORMED fuel on the fire!!!

Hey Jay,

Are you coming to town for the Ryder Cup ? Perhaps we can get together with Corey after a match and help him drown his sorrows.

Hells YEAH...but I'm a cheap date....be warned.

I was banned once....then after the fullness of time was unbanned. I am not sure any of the events changed Me or My life to any degree, but when you are unbanned you seem to have more options. KurtM

I could have gone around an +1 everything but I followed the rules.

Ran into one offensive poster on another forum. Seemed that his only duty in life was to increase his post count. Based on his join date and number of comments, he was posting around 40 times/day. He claimed to have a job.

Steel,

E-mail and postings are tough dude.

Can't see another persons facial expressions and tell if hes kidding around or being serious.

I moderated Snipersonline for L.E. and Military snipers for years and that was practically a full time job.

Can't tell you the number of times there were misunderstandings between members themselves and between members and admin due to miscommunications and one guys fooling around and another takes it seriously.

Also the rules of the forum sometimes are a little too strict and (truth be told) most no one reads them in detail.

We all just trust that if we are being (in our mind) proper followers of the rules that admin will understand our intent.

Sounds like you were hearing apples and he was thinking he was saying oranges.

A long winded way of saying I feel your pain bro.

G-MANBART!

You MANIAC!

Banned from a GOLF forum? :surprise:

DUDE I am IMPRESSED!

You the MAN! :cheers:

Hey tell those f'ers that you can shoot their golf balls at 300yards with a GA Precision rifle. :ph34r:

Golf courses are a waste of a good rifle range and a couple pistol ranges to boot!

I say : "BAN GOLF!"

It takes away from the youth of America's shooting education.

Tiger Woods should throw down the putter and pick up an M-14 !!!

Shoot some holes in one.....that MIGHT impress me.

"I don't want no teenage queen!

I just want my M-14!!"

Ok Flex...put down the yardstick.....I'm stopping now and going to my happy place.

Bart.....you crack me up man. :roflol:

GET SOME!

JK

Jim

Hey Jay,

Yep

I'll be there

What was funny about Steel1212's banning was how the mod publicly admonished him.

Posting 14 more posts in 30 min so that you can sell something earned you a 30 day ban for violating the rules. And the post have been deleted along with your new ad.

So his FS ad does not get deleted, it gets edited as a "Forum Violation". Like Seinfeld 's bounced check being posted at the corner store :D

Too funny. I'm glad we don't have any mods around here like that.

What was funny about Steel1212's banning was how the mod publicly admonished him.
Posting 14 more posts in 30 min so that you can sell something earned you a 30 day ban for violating the rules. And the post have been deleted along with your new ad.

So his FS ad does not get deleted, it gets edited as a "Forum Violation". Like Seinfeld 's bounced check being posted at the corner store :D

Too funny. I'm glad we don't have any mods around here like that.

Hell I can't even see that, I'm not even allowed to read the forums.

Wow... what site was this on? So many have implemented these new rules. Enos is like this as well. I know of one site that just started and they have a Classified Natzi scanning every single one of the adds just so he can bust people on it. A real prick he is.

G-MANBART!

You MANIAC!

Banned from a GOLF forum? :surprise:

DUDE I am IMPRESSED!

You the MAN! :cheers:

Hey tell those f'ers that you can shoot their golf balls at 300yards with a GA Precision rifle. :ph34r:

Golf courses are a waste of a good rifle range and a couple pistol ranges to boot!

I say : "BAN GOLF!"

It takes away from the youth of America's shooting education.

Tiger Woods should throw down the putter and pick up an M-14 !!!

Shoot some holes in one.....that MIGHT impress me.

"I don't want no teenage queen!

I just want my M-14!!"

Ok Flex...put down the yardstick.....I'm stopping now and going to my happy place.

Bart.....you crack me up man. :roflol:

GET SOME!

JK

LOL....too funny :bow: