Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1/4 & 1/2 scale metric targets

Throwin Lead

I have been following a few threads where BE members have been looking for scaled down targets. I had some free time at work today so I made a 1/4 scale and 1/2 scale version of the metric target in CAD.

The 1/4 scale will print to standard 8.5 x 11 paper. The 1/2 scale will print on an 11 x 17 paper. If you don't have access to a printer that can print 11 X 17 the Staples store in my area quoted a price of .17 per copy - $17.00 per hundred, $8.50 for 50, $4.25 for 25. If you don't have means to get the file to Staples such as a disk or jump drive you can upload it to a store near you and pick them up at your leisure.

I have read where some of you have cut targets out of cardboard. These will make good templates to that with as well as taping them over the cardboard target as printed to make white no shoots.

I thought that the 1/2 scale version would do well in most dry fire areas of the house where 20 ft would equal 40 ft, 30 ft = 60 ft etc. Perhaps these targets will make DF practicing those long shots easier?

As for the 1/4 scale targes just divide the distance by 4. A target at 20 feet can be set to 5 ft.

When I get some more free time I will make some standard & mini poppers and post them here.

Metric_Target_11x17.pdf 1/2 scale

Metric_Target_Letter.pdf 1/4 scale

• 2 weeks later...
Good Job Mike!

Please forgive my ignorance...

Excluding the scaling of the targets posted above, what's the difference between a "metric target" and an IPSC practice target I would buy at the range?

Throwin Lead, any chance you'd email me a copy of the CAD file? I've got a plotter that could use a little workout :D

I have been following a few threads where BE members have been looking for scaled down targets. I had some free time at work today so I made a 1/4 scale and 1/2 scale version of the metric target in CAD.

The 1/4 scale will print to standard 8.5 x 11 paper. The 1/2 scale will print on an 11 x 17 paper. If you don't have access to a printer that can print 11 X 17 the Staples store in my area quoted a price of .17 per copy - $17.00 per hundred, $8.50 for 50, $4.25 for 25. If you don't have means to get the file to Staples such as a disk or jump drive you can upload it to a store near you and pick them up at your leisure.

I have read where some of you have cut targets out of cardboard. These will make good templates to that with as well as taping them over the cardboard target as printed to make white no shoots.

I thought that the 1/2 scale version would do well in most dry fire areas of the house where 20 ft would equal 40 ft, 30 ft = 60 ft etc. Perhaps these targets will make DF practicing those long shots easier?

As for the 1/4 scale targes just divide the distance by 4. A target at 20 feet can be set to 5 ft.

When I get some more free time I will make some standard & mini poppers and post them here.

Metric_Target_11x17.pdf 1/2 scale

Metric_Target_Letter.pdf 1/4 scale

Can you add Classic targets to the inventory?