Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA All-Classifier Match and Re-shoots

In the announcement for the all-classifier match I'll be doing this weekend there was mention of a fee to re-shoot any or all of the classifier stages.

I am fairly new to this and am currently shooting between 55 and 60% on most classifiers. I really want to make B this weekend and my 10 year old wants to make C.

What should I do? If I screw up a stage, can I re-shoot it for a better score? Can I re-shoot it more than once? (I could see people getting pissed as I'm going to the line saying, "5th times a charm!")

If I know that I can re-shoot a stage, I imagine that I would try to push closer to the edge of my abilities.

In the announcement for the all-classifier match I'll be doing this weekend there was mention of a fee to re-shoot any or all of the classifier stages.

I am fairly new to this and am currently shooting between 55 and 60% on most classifiers. I really want to make B this weekend and my 10 year old wants to make C.

What should I do? If I screw up a stage, can I re-shoot it for a better score? Can I re-shoot it more than once? (I could see people getting pissed as I'm going to the line saying, "5th times a charm!")

If I know that I can re-shoot a stage, I imagine that I would try to push closer to the edge of my abilities.

If their allowing re-shoots on the classifiers, it's normally "pay the fee and re-shoot". I've seen guys re-shoot four or five times a particular classifier. Some clubs allow the re-shoots while the squad is on the stage and some clubs make you wait till everyone is done so as not to slow everyone down.

Email the club Match Director or the point of contact and ask.

Your first time through will count as your MATCH score. On reshoots, your best score will count toward your classification.

How reshoots are handled are up to your local Match Director.

It sounds like your club is offering reshoots, so bring extra ammo and a few extra $$.

Your idea of "trying to push" to the edge...lol, good luck.

I tried making B a looooong time ago by re-shooting classifiers. I am glad that I didn't make B because I couldn't/can't compete at that level. I believe that re-shooting many times on one day gives a wrong picture of your ability (unless you really have a brain fart or gun malfunction during your first try that day). If you really are a B shooter you will attain that classification naturally. Just MHO.

Richard

I can understand re-shooting in order to gain another classification like Limited 10 the first time through and then Production the second time around. That being said, is it really a good idea allowing re-shoots for a classification? I would think that would put a bunch of people in classes in which they do not really belong. Again I may be wrong but the way I look at it is you shoot what you shoot cold and that is it. Anyone can blaze though a stage faster on their third try. Just my $.02

I saw HUGE improvement in my shooting ability when I stopped trying to shoot X% score on classifiers and make whatever class. You need to be consistent at whatever level your at to move up. The lower classes are hard to move out of because usually the classifiers you "bomb" count against you and make it that much harder to move up.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=265419

The reshoots are for other divisions than your match entry declared division.
That would be my guess too. If a shooter wants to get some classifiers under his/her belt in more than one division, the shooter will be shown as a re-entry in the scoring software. So, the club will need to pay activity fees on multiple matches for the shooter and on the classifiers in each division.

As far as re-shoots in the same division, we leave that up to the RO. If the shooter does not perform up to par because of some weird occurance, like the base plate blows off the magazine pukimg ammo all over the range, etc., we let them re-shoot for classification, but the first attempt stands for score.

As far as re-shoots in the same division, we leave that up to the RO. If the shooter does not perform up to par because of some weird occurance, like the base plate blows off the magazine pukimg ammo all over the range, etc., we let them re-shoot for classification, but the first attempt stands for score.

As the RM I would be more apt to offer reshoots on a standard course than a classifier. A monthly match is just that, a low level I match. However the classifiers are the national standard to which ALL of us are judged. If one club allows reshoots for things that are not in the rule book (range equipment failure, etc,) then all we are doing is weakening the standard for ALL of us.