Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Greenville Gun Club 3 Gun Local Match

Greenville Gun club in Greenville SC will hold a local 3 gun on the 31 of August starting at 8:30 AM. Registration will began at 7:30 and 1st round down range at 8:30. There will be 4 good stages and a good round count. Round count numbers will come a little later. Entry fee will be $25.

Hey guys, looking forward to the match. I burned a vacation day to come shoot with you guys, and I hope we have a good time. I know it is still early but a round count would be helpful, especially since I am funding my sons shooting also. At least this way when she gives me the evil eye I can point towards him and tell her it's all for him. It will be ok then. I've got to blame as much as I can on him as he will be off to college in a couple years and I won't have any more excuses.

Hey guys, looking forward to the match. I burned a vacation day to come shoot with you guys, and I hope we have a good time. I know it is still early but a round count would be helpful, especially since I am funding my sons shooting also. At least this way when she gives me the evil eye I can point towards him and tell her it's all for him. It will be ok then. I've got to blame as much as I can on him as he will be off to college in a couple years and I won't have any more excuses.

Hi Steve

Glad you are coming and we will have a good time for sure.

I am out of the cuntry until mid next week. Still finishing the stages and should post round count by mid next week.

Thanks

Mike

Round Count will be posted in a couple of days. Also no slugs will be needed and no steel core ammo allowed.

Mike

Rount counts are as follows

pistol 50 rounds

Birdshot 75 rounds

Rifle 75 rounds

You might want to bring more because some stages are challaging

Mike

Hey Mike, Hope all is going well for the match. Just wondering how much heavy steel you will have for the shotgun. -Just need to know what kinds of loads to bring. Looking forward to it, got a good bunch of guys coming down from Charlotte. Also have the same question as Dewey as my son will be shooting with us. If a dot is ok for rifle I will let him bring an eotech toped rifle, but if he need more magnigication we will just share mine and bring extra mags. Thanks

Mike,

What kind of distance are we looking at for the rifle? Just wondering if I should bring a scope, a dot or an iron sighted 9mm.

Dewey

Dewey we will be shooting 100 yards but with some small targets

Mike

Mike,

What kind of distance are we looking at for the rifle? Just wondering if I should bring a scope, a dot or an iron sighted 9mm.

Dewey

Mike

Dewey

Take the 9 :D

Hey Mike, Hope all is going well for the match. Just wondering how much heavy steel you will have for the shotgun. -Just need to know what kinds of loads to bring. Looking forward to it, got a good bunch of guys coming down from Charlotte. Also have the same question as Dewey as my son will be shooting with us. If a dot is ok for rifle I will let him bring an eotech toped rifle, but if he need more magnigication we will just share mine and bring extra mags. Thanks

Hey Steve

100 yards on the rifle but with some small targets and on the shotgun 7 1/2 should do it all.

Mike

Mike,

Dewey

Mike

Dewey

Take the 9 :D

We were going to try 300 but with the crowd coming it would have made for a long day. One of the bays we need is in between the 100 and 300. Sorry but we are going to try it next time.

So there's a chance I might be able to make it this weekend to this event.

I've never shot at the Greenville Gun Club before, quick safety question, I've had varied answers on this depending on the range.

I wear prescription glasses, every day, all day, have for years, for some ranges that's considered sufficient eye protection, do I need to bring shooting glasses and wear those over my glasses or are just my regular glasses sufficient?

Thank you for the answer ahead of time, and if I do get to go, this'll be my first match, honestly, if I make it through the course I'll be content with my performance.

Also, there's a guy that's extended an offer to me, to let me use his firearms, which I'm very appreciative of.

Cutting to the chase, I'm 20 years old, I'll be 21 in less than a month, are there any issues arising with me, with his consent to use his firearms, using his firearms? I don't want to inconvenience this person who's already given me an incredible opportunity.

I'm legally an adult, so I don't believe I will have any issues, but I'd like to have a rock solid answer before I show up, or waste this guy's time.

Thanks for your time,

and if things converge and this happens, I look forward to being there.

Brandon.

Well, not embarrassing, but certainly humbling getting to shoot right after a Grand Master. Thank you for your patience today, Robbie.

For those of you that could have come and didn't...start kicking yourselves NOW! I haven't done many, but that was far and away the best 3-gun match I've attended. Lots and lots and lots (did I mention lots?) of targets. Some fast and easy, some far and requiring accuracy. Lots of movement, lots of chances to funble my shotgun reloads (I may have dropped more than I shot)....just great stage designs. The mix of small targets for rifle, large for pistol, and clays/poppers for shotgun made the maze of stage 3 a bunch of fun.

Thank y'all for putting on such a great match. When is the next one?!?