Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello and my new reloading bench setup

Hi,

My name is Grant and I am just getting into reloading. I have yet to reload my first round yet, but I'm almost ready. I think I finally have everything I need (including a friend who knows what he's doing). More than anything I would simply like to introduce myself and show off my new bench. I know I have a long way to go, but I'm very proud of it so far.

IMG_7676.jpg

IMG_7677.jpg

Welcome Grant. Looks like you're off to an excellent start.

I particularly like the heavy equipment you have stationed on the table for moving around powder and primers and such.

JimInFL

Edited by JimInFL

Thanks guys!

I could not have put that bench together without the help of my 4yr old son and Bob the Builder. :)

I did my homework and it sounds like the 650 is the right press for me, and the press many people wish they had started with. I've taken very seriously all the the advice and recommendations people have given me and posted. I know I've got a long way to go, but I'm confident my start is good and I take great comfort from know this excellent community is here for support and friendship.

-Grant

That is a nice looking set up. The only thing I might suggest is a light of some sort right at or over the bench. I find it a great help to have either a swivel type desk lamp or one of those "flashlight with legs" kinda things on the bench.

Have fun! What calibers will you be loading?

Great setup and Great choice. You can never go wrong with the color blue!!! Starting with a 650 is a smart choice as well. Looks like your bench is big enough to add some other presses to it because believe me you will add more!!!

Congrats.

Pete

You have an excellent setup there. Other than the above comments about anchoring the bench to the wall, may I suggest two things? First, take a piece of 1X4 as long as the back of your bench. Stain and seal it to make it purty, then screw it to the back edge of your benchtop leaving about two inches showing. This will prevent items from getting "lost" in the junction of the wall and benchtop as well as keeping the wall scuff free for the most part. If you wanted you could use a piece of 3/4 plywood as long as the bench and as high as just below the windowsill. That would give you a place to screw brackets for shelves that you will find come in handy for storage.

My second idea is to grab an old bed sheet to cover your bench while it is not in use. It appears as tho your bench is in the garage. The bed sheet will keep dust and grit off of your benchtop and loader, as well as keeping prying eyes out.

Best of luck. Enjoy your new (not so money-saving) fun hobby.

• 2 weeks later...