Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

T3

Basically, (and Terminator 2 is my favorite action movie of all time), I dug it. The chase scene with the crane was the shit. "I'll drive." :D:D

For an action movie of that caliber, I thought the ending was a tad too "explanatory," but other than that it was fun. I was really worried that it would be "overdone," like Matrix reloaded. I was also worried about the chick terminator, but she was pretty badass because she didn't say too much. ;)

I love the fight scene between the two, much like the fight scene in T2. And many great one-liners.

Favorite - (second) "Talk to the hand." :lol::lol::lol:

The "I'll drive" was good too, especially after the look on all the firefighters faces.

And I'm a real big fan of the "Get out!" - because that's what my girl says when she's tired of me...

:o

I liked the action, fight scenes and all the one-liners. The conversation in the camper was a great one between the girl, John Conner, and Arnie's Character. The story was kind of flat, though. I agree with you, Brian, the ending was too explanatory.

Liota

It was a fun movie , but some of those lines have become so entrenched into the lexicon of American pop , that the whole thing starts to sound like a parody of itself. I guess it's hard to expect anything original when you are watching the 3rd iteration of any movie. Still worth the price of admission though.

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

I think it is a horrible rip off, with a couple of very good action scenes. They should have casted Edward Furlong (the original John Connor), and let James Cameron direct it. The problem I had with the movie is that Arnold (and that stupid appearance of Dr. Silberman), was the only connection with previous movies.

Basically, I didn't like the unlogical human-ness of the robots (for instance, the scene where John talks the terminator out of killing him. That's too friggin' lame).

The movie also had some other irritating stuff in it. Arnold does the whole "big-machine-gun-car-wrecking-no-human-casualties-thing", while there was no reason not to kill anyone. Just copying T2, in a very unlogical way.

I really liked the crane chase scene, the first gen terminators, the fight between Arnie and the TX.

Move this to the Hate-forum if you want, LOL :D

My impressions: Ecellent effects! Great car-chase-crane-wrecking-scene!!

Plot was dry, but do-able. It's Terminator, who's expecting an acadamy award winning plot. ;)

Ending was just plain abrupt.

Tried tooooo hard to set us up for "T4".

Scale 1-10 I give it a 6.

Hit a restraunt, drink some brews and go check it out.

I thought it sucked. The scene with the Elton John glasses on the Terminator was ludicrous, and (for me) somewhat spoiled the truly cool scene in T2 it parodied.

True, Edward Furlong would have been a much better choice as John Connor. (I wonder if he refused to revisit the part once he saw the script?) His portrayal of the character in T2 came across as competent and tough, with enough angst for seasoning. T3's John Connor was a whiny loser.

Claire Danes has grown up from being kind of cute into a woman of amazingly average looks and acting talent.

And there were just so many moments in this movie that made no logical sense, that were obviously inserted because the writer thought they were cool, and didn't stop to think them out:

The Arnold Terminator is programmed to obey the lady vet's orders but not John's. WHY? She sent the thing back to save her life, and John's. Why not program it to obey his orders, too? What if she'd died - John would have had no control over the thing. Obviously the writer and director thought it was funny to have John vehemently order the Terminator around, to no effect, then have it immediately obey the woman's orders. Maybe it was funny....until you actually think about that for a pico-second.

Then we have the scene where John and whatshername are trying to enter the passwords to break into the mountain complex. The TX blasts a helicopter through the doors and then WALKS toward them. WHY? Well, because if she moved as fast as we've already seen she can, the movie would've ended right there.

John powers up the super-magnetic field which works on the TX so well it actually pulls the metal right off her body....but doesn't affect anything in his backpack. Jesus wept.

Aside the from the truck chase scene it sucked. It's a remake of T2 with a hot chick terminatress.

Suckage:

- More lame machine-gunning of cop cars without injuries to cops. Who replaced the cyborg assassin with Hannibal from the A-Team?

- Straining to give one-liners to Arnold.

- Straining to wink and nod to the previous films.

- Straining to keep the plot together with all the time travel possibilities.

Let the machines win so we won't have to see T4.

P.S. I always hated that the terminator "saw" English-language computer readouts. Nnnnnno.

Watching T2 on DVD right now makes me wonder even more how the hell T3 ever got a go from the (executive) producers.

I wish they would destroy every copy of that movie, reshoot it with a competent script, with a competent director and with some good actors (very true remark about Claire Danes BTW, Duane). Next, erase the part of my memory that has stored the T3 stuff.

BTW, the most idiotic part to me was the scene where the Terminatrix "inflated" her boobs, to distract the police officer. I had the feeling I had just walked into an Ernest movie ("Ernest goes somewhere cheap"). :(

Aside the from the truck chase scene it sucked.

Honestly - no exaggeration at all - I found myself yawning repeatedly during the truck chase scene. We've seen this sort of mindless property damage countless times before. And since neither John nor whatshername had grabbed my sympathies, I couldn't really get emotionally involved in it, or care what happend to them.

• 2 weeks later...

i loved t-1 as a kid.

great movie, entirely ruthless terminator.

incredible.

t-2 was fun, but i just disagree with the idea of a "terminator" that does

not hose everyone and everything in its way to complete its mission.

both t-2 and t-3 with those machine gun scenes not killing one cop really sucked.

the terminator would have easily understood human psychology and used the appropriate terror tactics to just zap every cop there.

letting it be what it is...a terminator.

these feel-good pc movies are trying to appease too many crowds too make more money and to not too terribly offend anyone.

how about t-1 that police station scene.

that was one of the best scenes i have viewed in any movie.

that is what a terminator is supposed to do to anything that gets in

the way of completing its mission.

at least in the end all the cities got popped and we can now

hope for an appropriately ruthless t-4! ;-)

by the way...love cops, but in the "t" movies they simply make

convenient pop up/mover/dropper/swinger targets for a terminator. ;-)))

have a good one,

will s.

I wish they would destroy every copy of that movie, reshoot it with a competent script, with a competent director and with some good actors (very true remark about Claire Danes BTW, Duane). Next, erase the part of my memory that has stored the T3 stuff.

While I too wish I could erase my memory of this movie, I disagree on the need for a better T3. Rather, I disagree on the need for any T3. The first two movies just work so well together, the end of T2 is so perfect, it should have ended there.

by the way...love cops, but in the "t" movies they simply make

convenient pop up/mover/dropper/swinger targets for a terminator. ;-)))

have a good one,

will s.

The LEs I know are smarter than the mover/dropper/swingers that portray them in these movies. I just hope 8 year olds know that.

tdean,

coming from a cop family...i know.

hollywood is a good source for fiction though.

i don't think anything i hollywood is a good representation of

real life...we just have to go with the flow to enjoy a flick.

have a good one,

will s.

Allright, I think you're all way too serious on this T-3 thing. I loved all the rip-offs - the sunglasses scene , the one liners - I mean comon - "Relax!"

That's what I was there for. I mean by the time you get to # 3, who really expects any originality anyway?

;)

I recently heard that Arnold financed, out of his own pocket, the entire truck/crane smashing scene. If that's true, that's nuts. That had to cost a zillion dollars. I was told that scene just couldn't be made within the budget, and Arnold felt it must be in the movie so he financed it. Anyone?

Oh, and my masculinity was threatened by the hot T-3 b, either.

:o

be