Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

open gun

gunracer38

I have shot open since the early 90's. Have really shot nothing but open. Recently I have been sort of blah about it.

This weekend took out the limited gun and had fun. I still love open, but I feel like when shooting open that I HAVE to shoot well.

OK, so I'm wierd. I recently got into open, shot 2000rds, and now I'm back shooting my limited gun.

Just couldn't get used to the dot :blink:

2000rds is probably not giving it a chance and I'll try again eventually, but right now I'm having fun.

Edited by DonT

OK, so I'm wierd. I recently got into open, shot 2000rds, and now I'm back shooting my limited gun.

2000rds is probably not giving it a chance and I'll try again eventually, but right now I'm having fun.

How much dryfire did you do??? or did you just shoot the 2000 rounds???

Flyin

How much dryfire did you do??? or did you just shoot the 2000 rounds???

Flyin

No dry fire. The 2000rds was working up a load, getting the bugs worked out, all at the same time of shooting about half a dozen local matches.

After a couple of months of placing near the bottom of the pack, I just wanted to be close to the top again so back to limited.

When I try open again, Dry fire will definately be in the game plan. Thanks :cheers:

I recently fired an open pistol at practice, a friend of mine shoots open. That was such a rush! I couldn't miss! As long as that dot was in the window and on the target, I just pulled the trigger and got a hit. 50 yd targets? No problem, even though I could hit them 7 out of 10 with my iron sights on my HiPower. It just seemed that it took less effort to get hits at speed.

Amazing what load development, a comp, and a dot can do for your shooting.

JZ

Yup. At our locals, open division is definitely the most competitive. We like it that way! :)