Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Am I missing anything

Shaun

I know I should stop messing around and simply learn to shoot well, however I have accepted the fact that I like to play, and like to beef things up a bit....

So, as of today I have either ordered or have the following mods for my 35.

True grip

Dawson Ice mag well

Tungsten Guide rod

15 lb recoil spring (Not sure if I shoudl go lighter?)

Warren Sevigny rear and Dawson FO front sights

Drop in Vannek Grand Master trigger kit, this includes fireing pin, etc.

+0 mag extensions.

Is there anything else i should do? I'm currently shooting (trying to shoot) Limited 10, may want to shoot limited at some poing and know I will need mag extensions.

Shaun

+1 to what Chris said.

If you're shooting factory ammo a 17# stock recoil spring might be a good idea IMO.

Your gun platform is solid. Well done. And L10 is a good place to start.

If you haven't, buy a timer, Brian's book, Steve Anderson dryfire drill book and

Burkett's DVD's 1-4. Start shooting a lot of matches. Be safe! Have fun.

Jim

"If you haven't, buy a timer, Brian's book, Steve Anderson dryfire drill book and

Burkett's DVD's 1-4. Start shooting a lot of matches. Be safe! Have fun."

Have all that stuff :surprise:

"I'd add all that gear in on the gun in phases. If something fails, you will know it failed after adding "part X"."

Good point!

If you're shooting factory ammo a 17# stock recoil spring might be a good idea IMO.

You think 15 may be a little light? This is one of many things I know nothing about???

"Did you get yourself an extd. mag release button ?"

My understanding is the 35 mag release button is a bit larger than usual already? I don't seem to have much trouble hitting it as it is now, but I may look into that?

"Mag exts. are good even for L-10. I personally like the Arredondos the best. "

Really???? I'm hopeful the ones I bought will be ok, they add length, but not capacity and are cheaper that the ones that add capacity.

As usual thanks guys!

Shaun

I'd add all that gear in on the gun in phases. If something fails, you will know it failed after adding "part X".

+1000. This would have saved me big in the long run. I spent a lot of time trying to get my 35 running.

Edited by gunnerBU

"Mag exts. are good even for L-10. I personally like the Arredondos the best. "

Really???? I'm hopeful the ones I bought will be ok, they add length, but not capacity and are cheaper that the ones that add capacity.

If you are going to spend the money for extensions for the magwell, get the arredondo (or Dawson or Taylor Freelance, all three work) extensions with the +10% mag springs. Then in the future if you want to cross over to limited, you have the extra capacity. They are still legal to have on the mags in L-10 and you don't have to change your equip again.

G35 comes equipped with the extended mag release.

"If you're shooting factory ammo a 17# stock recoil spring might be a good idea IMO."

"You think 15 may be a little light? This is one of many things I know nothing about???"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It can be. The stock recoil assembly is designed to cycle factory ammo reliably, and it does.

The aftermarket rods and springs really cater more to the handloaders custom ammo.

Definitely not a "must have" for factory ammo.

Charlie Vanek trigger groups are outstanding and will serve you well. I finally installed

another in my G17. The one in my 35 has been flawless.

Jim

• 1 month later...

Add the extended cap mags, they are easier to seat with the ice magwell. (and legal for LM10 just only load 10 rounds)

check out the MGM beavertail for the Glock.

I added one and it changed the grip angle slightly (improved) and it stops slide bite from repetitive drawing.

maybe even course grip tape, rough at first but the gun won't move in your hand.

I know I should stop messing around and simply learn to shoot well, however I have accepted the fact that I like to play, and like to beef things up a bit....

True grip

Dawson Ice mag well

Tungsten Guide rod

+0 mag extensions.

Is there anything else i should do? I'm currently shooting (trying to shoot) Limited 10, may want to shoot limited at some poing and know I will need mag extensions.

Shaun

An after market barrel will make a difference.............Bar-Sto is my #1 choice!

Al

Miami, FL.

True grip

Dawson Ice mag well

Tungsten Guide rod

+0 mag extensions.

Does your Dawson mag well sit flush all the way around the Glock magwell or does it not mate the front of the grip?

Edited by SVI4ME