Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

25 round P-mags

Confession time.

How are you guys altering your 30 round P-mags to make them into 25 rounders. I am more interested in how you would cut the 30 round mag down than I am in being told to stop loading when you get to 25.

I will probably never do this, but nice to know anyway.

Why would want to do this? Pmag makes a 20 and a 30. Is there a time when 25 rounds would be better?

Yes.....I can honestly say there are times when 25 is better than 20 and a mag that is 1.25" shorter than a 30 makes all the difference in 3 gun. Think angled mock rooftops at less than 45 degrees. A 30 is too long to rest the forend on the lip and a 20 is too short and those extra few rounds can save you from a time robbing reload. Also.....coupled 20's using double Arredondo couplers won't seat if your running the Arredondo magwell. Coupled 25's will.Its a nice tool to have in the toolbox.

Edited by 00bullitt

As for the mags and 1/2 roof tops, try placing the mag in front of the peak and locking your elbow support back against the peak. it doesn't matter how long your mag is, and it works very nicely, and you don't have to worry about getting to the roof with the correct mag.

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

As for the mags and 1/2 roof tops, try placing the mag in front of the peak and locking your elbow support back against the peak. it doesn't matter how long your mag is, and it works very nicely, and you don't have to worry about getting to the roof with the correct mag.

Wouldn't that expose you more to return fire?

I'm a fireman, being exposed to fire is what I do, besides the last time I was shot at at a 3 gun match was.......................................................................................

...................................?

trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

I'm a fireman, being exposed to fire is what I do, besides the last time I was shot at at a 3 gun match was.......................................................................................

trapr

If you wear enough velcro, it's no problem. At least that's what I heard on he internet. ;)

Back to Topic. I guess I can see your point. Maybe use a 20 rounder and make an extension for it.

trapr

If you wear enough velcro, it's no problem. At least that's what I heard on he internet. ;)

Back to Topic. I guess I can see your point. Maybe use a 20 rounder and make an extension for it.

Beware of using too much velcro on a stage with a rooftop that is carpeted for your pleasure. At least be sure to wear your tactical vest with rear drag handle so the RO can peel you from your shooting position. :ph34r:

trapr

Why from said Wolverines or Badgers (depending on the stage). :rolleyes:

trapr

Beware of using too much velcro on a stage with a rooftop that is carpeted for your pleasure. At least be sure to wear your tactical vest with rear drag handle so the RO can peel you from your shooting position. :ph34r:

Don't worry, it's MOLLE velcro with explosive quick release tabs. It has a cup holder too.

smokshwn

I understand the thought process behind your using the 23.5 round mag. My question for you: Do you look really cool using it?

BP,

Sadly enough I rarely look cool doing anything, however with the increased lethality of the 23.5 rounders people do fear me and that is all that matters :D

The point of the 25 rounders is to have the shortest mags that can be coupled with a pair of Arrendondo couplers to use in a rifle with an Arrendondo mag well attached when thirties are just a bit too long....You can still monopod off of them but they get the rifle just a wee bit lower. It works better for me than coupled thirties especially since going with the LaRue 1.93" scope mount.

Confession time.

How are you guys altering your 30 round P-mags to make them into 25 rounders. I am more interested in how you would cut the 30 round mag down than I am in being told to stop loading when you get to 25.

I will probably never do this, but nice to know anyway.

So after all the mumbo jumbo, is there an answer to How to alter them???????