Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas 3 Gun Match

Just a reminder - the match starts at 9am - All the stages are set and prepare yourself for a great match!! Like we said before - if we have a good turnout we are going to setup the Texas 3 gun championship match for next year around the Sept. time frame with a nice prize table and great looking trophies - food - with 10-11 stages. Look forward to seeing you there!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The match went great! We had 48 shooters from across the country. We will be posting scores tomorrow. I will post a link to the scores on this channel! I would like to thank all the great shooters that came out and shot with us today. I would like to thank all the workers that helped with the match - without you guys there are no matches!!!!

The next 3 gun match we hold will have 8 stages with FOOD and Drinks this time. We will be announcing a Texas 3 Gun Championship match for next year - we will firm a date and post it here. Special thanks goes out to Benny Hill and the Corpus crew!!! Great work guys (except Merlin) Just kidding :P - We cannot wait to have you guys back!!

I will be posting some video from the match and photos to come soon. Thanks!!!!

Edited by KGentry

Thanks to Benny and his crew. They worked hard and made everyone feel like old friends.

Kevin Gentry, AKA Flying Fists of the White Lotus?, also was instumental in making this a great match.

Special thanks to some volunteers who helped out with the RO'ing - Don Sawyer, Mark Conder and Davide Coon. Thank you all.

Jerry

Had a good time. It is great meeting BE members face to face. :)

Some needs to dial down the humidity a little though. Us West Texans don't do well in that kind of weather. :(

Great match and great group of guys to shoot with. Thanks for everything Squad 3!!

A HUGE THANKS to Benny, Kevin, and the rest of the guys who made all this possible. I've never shot a match that good, with that many great stages, with that high of a round count, for only $20.

My personal lessons learned:

1. Even if you can shoot small groups off a bench at 300 yards, it doesn't mean you can hit an 8" plate at that distance while using a wobbly barrel or chair for support. Practice shooting small targets from odd positions at long ranges.

2. FTNs suck - take the extra half second, aim, and HIT the damn target.

3. Practice Shotgun Reloading - enough said.

4. If you're gonna spend 2 hours prepping and cleaning your equipment the night before, take the time to make a sandwich for lunch - long day with no food.

Can't wait to do it again - are we really gonna wait til next year or can we squeeze another one in during the Fall??

Doug

Had a good time. It is great meeting BE members face to face. :)

Some needs to dial down the humidity a little though. Us West Texans don't do well in that kind of weather. :(

Nice to meet you, too.

Oh, that was not HUMIDITY. I was thinking how nice and dry it was yesterday. :roflol: You have to go to Houston to get humidity.

Concur on the 300 yard zero. Pretty sure I know where those bullets are hitting, but by late afternoon, I was tired and twitching enough to make the 300 yd shots tough, even from prone.

Lee

Edited by lmccrock

RO, CRO, MD, stage designer, stage builder, prize table builder, prize table organizer, dirt work, range road pothole filler, and bottle washer...yeah, been there done most everything else at major three-gun matches :roflol:

Great match and great group of guys to shoot with. Thanks for everything Squad 3!!

A HUGE THANKS to Benny, Kevin, and the rest of the guys who made all this possible. I've never shot a match that good, with that many great stages, with that high of a round count, for only $20.

My personal lessons learned:

1. Even if you can shoot small groups off a bench at 300 yards, it doesn't mean you can hit an 8" plate at that distance while using a wobbly barrel or chair for support. Practice shooting small targets from odd positions at long ranges.

2. FTNs suck - take the extra half second, aim, and HIT the damn target.

3. Practice Shotgun Reloading - enough said.

4. If you're gonna spend 2 hours prepping and cleaning your equipment the night before, take the time to make a sandwich for lunch - long day with no food.

Can't wait to do it again - are we really gonna wait til next year or can we squeeze another one in during the Fall??

Doug

Thanks Doug - We loved having you guys out to the range! WE ARE going to have another 3 gun match before the Championship match to make sure we have everything down. I will post it here - We have a match Hotel lined up already and FOOD and DRINKS will be on the agenda! See you guys soon!!

Kevina's stage was challenging but a bit much with the mines and the water. Perhaps the addition of some piranhas or even crocs in the water would have made it a better and more fun stage. Too bad novices don't ever think of such things. :)

What was up with all the guys on the range running around "hot"? One in particular removed his weapon (still in holster) and placed it on a bench while we were downrange. Scary...

The only persons allowed to be on the range hot are the staff - due to working in the gun shop - I am sure none of un-holstered - let me know who they were and I will correct the issue. Thanks Sheldon.

Only two people hit the water?!?!?!?! That makes Wakaz pretty darn special! :P

hahahahaha - yea we can leave out the water stage out and the land mines - only 2 shooters fell in the water so most people shot the stage well!

Look at the combined scores...embrace technology!

And water!

:roflol:

That "wakaz" guy won Open and the overall...for once...usually Benny beats him like a drum in the combined/overall scores using a slingshot and a pocketful of mismatched rocks ;)

Alex