Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Worlds best place to live

North

http://finance.yahoo.com/real-estate/artic...es-to-Live-2008

The good old USA didn't make the top 20. With any luck they will move the UN to a more "desirable" location.

Maybe folks will stop trying to come here illegally now.

Or maybe this is just nonsense and the USA is still the place most people would live if they had the choice.

I wouldn't try to argue with someone elses article, but....

Based on immigration, I wonder where the worlds best place to live would be? My guess would be the US of A (insert flag waving emoticon here)

dj

Zurich may not be a bad place for shooters. full article

The Wall Street Journal Europe

June 4, 1999 Stephen P. Halbrook

For those who think that target shooting is more fun than golf, however, Switzerland is anything but "dull." By car or train, you see shooting ranges everywhere, but few golf courses. If there is a Schuetzenfest (shooting festival) in town, you will find rifles slung on hat racks in restaurants, and you will encounter men and women, old and young, walking, biking and taking the tram with rifles over their shoulders, to and from the range. They stroll right past the police station and no one bats an eye. (Try this in the U.S., and a SWAT Team might do you in.)

My Father tells a story once in a while of he and his friend on the train in Switzerland with a gentleman and his MACHINE GUN! :surprise: When asked where he was going with it, he said he was taking it to a gunsmith and that all men of a certain age were required to have military training and to posess their issued weapons at home.

Imagine if we were also required to do the same. I sure do miss that M-60 I used to hump up and down hills all the time..........NOT!

JZ

Jimmy Zip, You might want to rethink the Flagstaff/Grand Canyon move. Very little shooting up there. You need to travel to Phoenix or Prescott to shoot. Coming from Bermuda Dunes you will be in a slightly different weather pattern :surprise: