Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IWB Holster for Glock 23?

badchad

I know this isn’t really a competition question, but can anyone recommend a good IWB holster for concealed carry (that I might use in an IDPA match). I have a Fobus IWB holster that isn’t really that comfortable so I never use it. I like kydex so is the Bladetech IWB holster any good? Would leather be better? Thanks.

I know this isn’t really a competition question, but can anyone recommend a good IWB holster for concealed carry (that I might use in an IDPA match). I have a Fobus IWB holster that isn’t really that comfortable so I never use it. I like kydex so is the Bladetech IWB holster any good? Would leather be better? Thanks.

Ahhh, the $1 million dollar question! :wacko:

I found that the BladeTech, G-Code (kydex), Don Hume, Galco, Will Bill's (leather) were all comfy as long as you were standing up, but once you jumped in a vehicle, or sat at a desk, they all developed teeth! I have a Threat Solutions UCH (Ultimate Concealment Holster) on order based on more than a few threads on here, but hold no real illusions about it being any different. I think the comfort of IWB holsters is based on the individuals build/weight/pants fit/type, and for some they all work and for some, its a loosing proposition. But once the UCR gets here (currently week 3 of a 4-5 week wait) I'll let you know what I think.

For competition --- Kydex, though if it's an all-day affair, I'm going OWB. Kydex IWB is good for s four stage indoor match, where you're in and out in an hour....

For actually carrying the piece all day long --- the Milt Sparks Executive's Companion is the most comfortable holster I've ever worn.....

I believe you can never go wrong with a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 in horsehide. I've got one for several guns and have used them for the past 5-6 years. My new carry holster is the Comp-Tac Infidel. I find it very comfortable. I carry a G19 in it all day every day and have no issues of discomfort. Been using it since Comp-Tac came out with it after using a CTAC.

I carry a G23 in appendix IWB carry. I use a Highnoon "Mr. Softy." Excellent holster for $25.

If you want to know if you can rapidly draw from your concealment holster while moving with another person engaging you, do some force-on-force with your carry holster and your real mode of concelament (as opposed to the photographers vest with OWB kydex <_< )

This holster from Fist looks very cool too - I have one on order: Fist thin kydex cantable

Edited by chp5

Sparks, Alessi and Kramer probably make three of the best in what you're looking for. The exact version depends on the angle you want and a few other features. Of the lot, it's pretty hard to go wrong with the Sparks Summer Special. R,

Kydex IWB is a loser in my opinion. It is very functional but far from comfortable in an all day every day application.

I have been through a dozen IWB's and by far can recommend my favorite is from Tucker Gunleather followed closely by a Milt Sparks VM2.

Hola--

I've tried several leather and kydex IWB for the glock. I am skinny and scrawny, and it has been difficult finding something that is fast, secure, comfortable and concealable. My favorite -- by far -- is the Comptac CTAC. Same concept as the Sparks VMII, but made of kydex and even thinner. I have one that is made with an open end, so I can carry a g19, 17 or 34, no problemo. Seriously, I weigh in at 140 pounds wet, and I carry a G17 comfortably and concealed. For ccw this holster has worked the best for me -- YMMV. Cheers.

-br

I have a Galco Summer Comfort holster that I have had and carried my G23 in almost daily that is very comfortable to me and at about $60 not a bad deal. As far as using for a match though I am not sure I never have personally.