Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I Just Join and I am From Australia

Bafaction

Hi all

I am Brett from Australia and I was told about this forum while I was shooting the Cup this year. It was a big learning curve for me as it was the First trip to USA and my first cup. I did not fair to well in the shoot as I got 50th and my scores were well down to what I had been shooting here is Oz. I did managed to be one of the 5 to shoot a 48X on Barricade and the only Revolver shooter, I hope to be back next year and I am going to be a lot more prepared for the shoot, The main proble I found was using the Dillon Mats as we only use carpet and it has a lot les movement on the ground then the Dillon mats do.

Hello Brett, welcome to the forum.

I guess we kind of met as I was also one of the 5 that shot 48 x's. That was my first time in the shoot off for that event and had a ball.

You did well. Most shooters end up with a score 30 to 40 points below what they shoot at home their first time at Bianchi.

I know what you mean about the mats. I shoot off of a Dillon mat all the time but the mats in Missouri give me trouble. They are the older mats that seem spongier. They have the same ones in Kansas City. This year I decided that shooting off the ground would be better. It paid off.

Hopefully I'll see ya in NZ.

Kevin

Brett,

Welcome it was good to meet you at the Cup, hope to see you in NZ, let us know if you need or want anything/anytime.

Tom...

Hi all

I am Brett from Australia and I was told about this forum while I was shooting the Cup this year. It was a big learning curve for me as it was the First trip to USA and my first cup. I did not fair to well in the shoot as I got 50th and my scores were well down to what I had been shooting here is Oz. I did managed to be one of the 5 to shoot a 48X on Barricade and the only Revolver shooter, I hope to be back next year and I am going to be a lot more prepared for the shoot, The main proble I found was using the Dillon Mats as we only use carpet and it has a lot les movement on the ground then the Dillon mats do.

...The main problem I found was using the Dillon Mats as we only use carpet and it has a lot les movement on the ground then the Dillon mats do.

I remember learning SO MANY things like that at my first Cup - that really all helped me the next year. One of the big ones - Where they changed the targets DURING the COF. At home, I taped my targets, so I had a nice tape spot to shoot at as the COF went on.

At that point in my life I didn't have two nickels to rub together (I couldn't buy a truckload of targets to practice with) - so I came up with the poor-man's solution. I bought a giant roll of 24" wide brown paper that closely matched the target's brown color. Then I made a template out of cardboard, 24" tall and 18" wide, with the 8, 10, and x-rings in it. Roll out the paper, razor off a target with the template on top, then lightly draw the scoring rings with a pencil. Then when you staple the paper on the target, if you line it up at the bottom the paper "stops" right about where the tombstone target starts to curve in at the top.

In the match, training with all brown targets with no tape or bullet holes really helped me to find the center of the targets when the targets didn't already have holes in them.

Welcome to the forums Brett.

be

Brett,

Welcome it was good to meet you at the Cup, hope to see you in NZ, let us know if you need or want anything/anytime.

Tom...

Hi all

Thanks Tom

I have just found out that My Revolver has got a number of small cracks on the face of the forcing cone, I did have trouble trying to get the gun to group correctly before I left. I will know next week when the Gunsmith has a look to see if the barrel is worn out, I have shot it for the past 12 years and the gun was built sometime before I got it.

I will be in NZ and I can not wait for that one, I am hoping to shoot a lot better then I did at the cup.

While I was visiting some friends in the US I was telling different people about the cup and they all had the same answer. I do not know what it is, they all seemd to know about the bullseye match.

I think that we will need to do some sort of Mail out or advertising to all your States so they all know what the shoot is all about. Even a video that can be downloaded form the NRA website show people what Bianchi shooting is all about.

Edited by Bafaction

• 4 weeks later...
Brett,

Tom...

Hi all

Thanks Tom

I have just found out that My Revolver has got a number of small cracks on the face of the forcing cone, I did have trouble trying to get the gun to group correctly before I left. I will know next week when the Gunsmith has a look to see if the barrel is worn out, I have shot it for the past 12 years and the gun was built sometime before I got it.

I will be in NZ and I can not wait for that one, I am hoping to shoot a lot better then I did at the cup.

While I was visiting some friends in the US I was telling different people about the cup and they all had the same answer. I do not know what it is, they all seemd to know about the bullseye match.

I think that we will need to do some sort of Mail out or advertising to all your States so they all know what the shoot is all about. Even a video that can be downloaded form the NRA website show people what Bianchi shooting is all about.

Video idea is a good one .... Even get some on You tube...