Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Well, today REALLY sucks...

So I just finished posting about my messed up shotgun, and I discovered that my rifle scope is also FUBAR. Its a virtually brand new Meopta 1-4x K-Dot in a LaRue mount, and now it goes blurry and/or forms a black halo when I zoom in or out. I guess I'll be mailing it out to Meopta tomorrow. Has anyone else had the same problem ? Is this likely to be a recurring theme with this scope ? I'm starting to remember why I liked shooting iron sights :angry2: .

I've had great luck with my Zplex (nonilluminated), so far. Someone hear had some parallax problem with his, which the factory fixed. The factory should fix you up, and I wouldn't expect this again. It's a mechanical thing, and they do sometimes break.

Good luck! ;)

I have seen 2 do that so far. One belongs to my brother the other belongs to one of the guys I shoot with regularly. They were both bought at about the same time. I believe what I had heard was they had a bad batch... Something about the glue used to secure one of the lenses. What I do know is that both scopes were replaced (not repaired) with no hassle. When you send your's off maybe you could ask them about it?

Peter Adams

FY-39604

I spoke to Meopta - the guy said it sounds like a manufacturing defect in the objective lens. I'm shipping it back to them today. When I removed it from the rifle I noticed the sound of something rattling around inside. I'm an iron sight guy, but even I know that scopes are not supposed to rattle :D. I'll post the outcome here.

I have two and both have been defect free for two years. I did break one by dropping it on the top turret with 9 lbs of AR15 attached to it. Even though I admitted it was my fault they repaired it free of charge. it still worked by the way, I just couldn'y get the cap off. They will take care of your problem.

Same thing happened to Rick Punu at the CA3G Series match in Victorville last month. Rick said this was the replacement scope he got back after the first one came up lame. He said that there's some parts held together inside the scope related to the variable magnification feature that are held together with epoxy. He really likes the scope when it works.

I'm about to buy a K dot, and I am wondering if they have fixed the problems you guys mentioned. I don't like dealing w warranty issues and If I buy something as expensive as the K-dot it better run like the energizer bunny! DO you all like your K-dots?

I haven't had any problem with the one my AR, and haven't found anything else I shoot better. (I have tried the IOR 1.1-4 the accupoint, the weaver 1-3, the millet dms, Counter Sniper Crusader 1-4 and an EO Tech with a 3x magnifier).

Until I saw the above comment I had not heard of anyone who had trouble with replacement scope. I chatted with my brother, one of the guys I mentioned above that had his come up lame. Meopta told him that they had gotten a bad batch of adhesive that caused this problem...

Even knowing about the problem I will still end up buying another one for one of my other ARs

Peter Adams

FY-39604

Edited by caspian guy