Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mind Conditioning

Ed K

Brian Enos says to see it all, there may be hope for me. I saw it. However I was not completely accurate, I missed counting one. (I went back and reviewed it several times, I missed one when I saw it.)

Edited by Michael Carlin

Was this an exercise in blindness....or focus?

The guy tells us what to focus on...we tell our minds what to focus on...what the job is...we do it perfectly....and then we get dinged because we didn't see the gorilla?? That's not what I told my mind to do....that was not the mental program I put in. BUT within the context of my mental program...I did see all. I saw the passes, I saw that the people were moving in a triangular pattern, I saw that one of the boys liked to bounce pass etc...

I saw the 18 passes and the gorila. I didn't see what he did till the second look. I must be becoming more visualy aware 3 years ago before I started in this sport I probably wouldn't have seen the ball lol .

• 2 months later...

LOL, I was thinking there was more too it. I was expecting the gorilla to do something when I first seen it walk across, like catch a ball and then pass it on messing the actual number of passes to the white tee shirt team.

No trouble seeing the gorilla

Flyin

Speaks to our natural human tendency to focus on what we're doing to the exclusion of all else.

Officers in gunfights or other trumatic events frequently miss things that members of a jury have a hard time believing "How could you have not seen that?"

This is a perfect example of just how easy it is to miss something because of our attention being focused on something else.

JK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...