Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Streaming Video - please participate!

Sharyn

Thanks to some new hardware, our broadcasting horizons have broadened! Please help evaluate it's function in order to improve in the future. This is the "rough draft" beta testing... but I just want to see how far we can go!

We're headed to the range for practice... for technological advancement sake, I'm going to try and live broadcast our session. I know there are some limitations right now, but let's see what we can do...

At about 3:30-4pm Eastern time, I'll try to start the live broadcast...

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/enos_practice

Sorry, Lynn... I hadn't started the stream yet...

But, here we go! I have a lot of kinks to work out... but let's see what happens anyhow...

(insert disclaimer here for any "colorful" language, butt scratching or nose picking that may occur... It's live for Pete's sake! :D )

Edited by Sharyn

I thought it would be rude to call them on the cell to tell them to mute the laptop to eliminate the echo, and rotate the camera so that we were not directly behind the shooter, but this is just a test and they know it is not perfect.

Edited by L9X25

OK, kewl! Glad that worked! The video is going to be poor for now... two reasons... laptop webcam and transmitted via Broadband wireless card. When I figure out how to get my regular video cam to work, that might improve the quality. Also, couldn't play with the pan/zoom feature because I can hardly see my screen on battery mode.

I also figured out the echo problem... just as I closed the connection... SORRY!!! Yeah, Leo, you should have called! :D I was running the actual streaming site on my laptop at the same time to see if I could see the broadcast too... well, created a nice echo... ROOKIE MOVE!!!

Glad you enjoyed the trees and birds... that's when I'm trying to see what's on the screen. The glare is horrendous and I kept losing the mouse... very frustrating... that's probably where the "frickin" came in... :lol:

Anyone know how to manage display brightness on reduced power mode in Vista?

New computer... new hardware... new software... I'm learning! :D

Thanks for helping!!!

Sharyn,

The only solution for the screen brightness problem is running an extension cord to run it off of 110v current. You would have to bring a cord from home as Ben's cord is not even long enough to reach the stats picnic table.

Thanks, Leo. I do have a converter to run off a car's cigarette lighter... but I'm trying to get this to work solely on battery power so it's portable and 'universal'. I was hoping there was a setting I could adjust.

Man, I'm really excited about this... there's some great possibilities I'm imagining after this trial... Like a Live "Meet Enosverse Members" at the Millennium Custom table of the next major I attend...

... or... Live World Shoot coverage... :surprise: I just have to talk Verizon into a plan for Bali... :unsure:

:cheers: