Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Messed up Front Sight?

Maybe I should have put this under "What I Hate' but this is somewhat shooting related. Anyway, my latelest Front Sight came in pretty rough shape (torn, folded, etc.). My local Post Office put a sticker on it saying it came to them that way. What shape was your latest in when you got it? I know it is a pretty good haul from WA to VA but how many times can they handle the thing?

Edited by SDM

Well it's good to hear that some folks are getting good ones and it's not leaving the printer that way. I'm not sure where it's happening but this one was in pretty bad shape. It's still readable though. I guess that's what matters.

• 1 month later...

Well the new one came and is in much better shape than the old one. Hopefully it will be that way from here on out. Must have just been a freak thing last time.

The magazines aren't getting messed up at the printer. They're getting messed up in transit. Also, the magazine ships from the midwest, from Michigan IIRC, so it's not originating in Sedro. People in WA get their magazines later than virtually everyone and mine is almost always torn to snot.

I was going to suggest that USPSA up the dues and have the magazine wrapped in plastic, but didn't feel like starting a "USPSA is ripping us off again" firestorm protest.

My copy of ClayShootingUSA comes that way and it's always in perfect condition on arrival.

Edited by EricW

The magazines aren't getting messed up at the printer. They're getting messed up in transit. Also, the magazine ships from the midwest, from Michigan IIRC, so it's not originating in Sedro. People in WA get their magazines later than virtually everyone and mine is almost always torn to snot.

I was going to suggest that USPSA up the dues and have the magazine wrapped in plastic, but didn't feel like starting a "USPSA is ripping us off again" firestorm protest.

My copy of ClayShootingUSA comes that way and it's always in perfect condition on arrival.

I think they go through those sorters and it rips the hell out of them.... I dunno for sure, but a buddy of mine says that if they are only sealed in the middle, the sorters sometimes grab the loose paper and shred them.