Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Golden Bullet - Nor Cal Section

Hi,

I am pleased to announce that this years Golden Bullet has been approved it's Level 3 USPSA match status. The match will be hosted by San Luis Action Pistol at the Hogue Range in Morro Bay on June 20-22. WE will have 10 stages for almost 300 rounds.

The entry form can be found at http://www.uspsa2.org/images/2008_GBC_entry.pdf

There is also a bit more info at http://slosa.org/uspsa/index.htm and more is added as we find it.

As with all big matches we really need RO's and CRO's.

If you are interested in being an RO please mark that on your entry form and you shoot for half price.

If you are a certified CRO and would like to work then please contact me to make arrangements to shoot for free!

If you have any question please contact me via PM.

Thanks,

Jason

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you that have never shot there before, This is by far the best range there is in CA! 10 bays all in a row, right off of HWY-1, and less than 5 minutes from Morro bay or San Luis Obispo.

Thank you for the compliment. here are a few pictures from when the range was built many years ago.

http://slosa.org/actionpistol/apaerialmorro.jpg

http://slosa.org/icore/slap_range.jpg

The range is at the bottom of the first picture and you can see the smoke stacks at the Morro Bay power plant in the distance.

Seeing that we are quite close to many great vacation spots I would like to remind everyone that this is a great place to bring the family if you come to shoot. For the family there are nearby beaches, kayaking in Morro Bay, shopping, hiking, mountain or road biking, and don't forget Hearst Castle.

Hope to see you here.

Jason

For those of you that have never shot there before, This is by far the best range there is in CA! 10 bays all in a row, right off of HWY-1, and less than 5 minutes from Morro bay or San Luis Obispo.

• 2 weeks later...
when will you guys post the stages?

they are posted now, http://www.slosa.org/uspsa/GBC2008stages.pdf

there is also a classifier in the match for the 10th stage but I can't find the number right this minute.

Jason

Thanks for the link! Please advise the appropriate folks that there is a typo on the WSB for Swingin' Fast Port. The movers are not identified correctly

Thanks again,

Chuck

The match is open squadding and was up to 88 a couple days ago though today I received about 8 more, so let's call it 96 so far with a hard 54 for 150 total.

I will start emailing shooters as I get their entries now.

grandbagger wanted to know which people in his "group" have sent in apps.. turns out there was one gent who had not sent in his app and gb was going to "remind" him to do so if he wanted in. :)

Edited by sargenv

In years past people have done so.. but for the last several years we've had only 8 stages plus chrono. This year we have 10 stages plus chrono and you have a day and a half to get it done (as in years past). So is it possible? I'd say yes, is it probable? well, it depends on if the stages all run well and there are no issues like targets activating early due to wind, breakage, etc. I'm sure a few people will get it done in a day, I don't know how many will though. It's difficult enough to do 8 stages in a day, 10 is going to be a stretch.

Up to 101 entered now.. Including a few GM's.

Edited by sargenv

Hi,

For all those aspiring junior shooters out there we thought we would make our match a bit more friendly to them. We will be letting junior shooters shoot for FREE with a paid adult. We've had a few people ask and know that it can add up for a family weekend and thought this might make it easier. If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,

Jason

would it be possible to shoot the match in one day?

Hiro,

Maybe you could crash in Leo's truck with him... :roflol:

Later,

Chuck

Chuck,

I'm going with the flow. Just take it easy. If our squad finishes in one day fine, 2 days no problem!

I know Hiro and I are the only ones that shot and reshoot at Norco, but this is different.

You want to squad with us! Peter, Jim, Lisa, John etc same as Norco.

Leo

when will you guys post the stages?

they are posted now, http://www.slosa.org/uspsa/GBC2008stages.pdf

there is also a classifier in the match for the 10th stage but I can't find the number right this minute.

Jason

Hey Jason,

Any news on the tenth stage yet? Just trying to do some ammo planning...

edit: Do we register on Saturday morning or can we sign in on Friday?

thanks!

Chuck

Edited by ChuckS

The 10th stage is CM99-08, Melody Line.

we are still working out those little details :unsure: but the more people we can get signed up Friday the more time we can spend shooting Saturday.

Jason

Jason,

Thanks for the update. I was planing on stopping at the range mid afternoon on Friday. If I could register, all the better.

See you next week,

Chuck

we are still working out those little details :unsure: but the more people we can get signed up Friday the more time we can spend shooting Saturday.

Jason

Why does a level 3 match need a classifier? I thought your percentage from a level 3 match counts toward your classification?

Jason

Why does a level 3 match need a classifier? I thought your percentage from a level 3 match counts toward your classification?

Hiro,

There is more to it than just being a level 3 match. I may be mistaken on some of this but first I think you have to declare to HQ that you want to run the match as a classiifer and then you need a number (3?) or GM's in each division and maybe some other stuff. You may or may not of noticed that 2007 Area 2 results get sent in as a classifier except for L-10 and SS.

Later,

Chuck