Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recall On Chip McCormick AR-15 Trigger Group

lynn jones

i just got a recall notice and envelope to mail back, anyone else got one?

how long ago u get yers? i got one about 3 years ago, thru brownells...so not sure how they'll know where to find folks?

what was the detail regarding the recall?

i just got a recall notice and envelope to mail back, anyone else got one?

how long ago u get yers? i got one about 3 years ago, thru brownells...so not sure how they'll know where to find folks?

what was the detail regarding the recall?

i think i bought mine from chip directly. the notice says it could "double".

lynn

Yep I got one, bought mine last year. I think it sucks. Here I'm going into peak 3 gun season and need the AR, and Chip would like me to disassemble the trigger and send it back to them for an unspecified period of time. They should have sent me a new trigger group and have me send the suspected defective one back. Let them rebuild it, send it back to the vendor who screwed it up or throw them away. why should I be any more incovienced then I already am. I'm not sure I even saved all the parts from the old trigger to put back in. I think thier handling of this reflects poorly on their otherwise usually fine products. They should have sent everyone involved a new trigger group.

We stopped at the Chip McCormick booth at the shot show and they went ape $#@! when we started playing with their triggers. We had to drop the hammer normally without touching anything or we would ruin the trigger by it "rounding itself off". Now that makes two drop-in companys that really suck!(Add Timney here). If you're trigger is going to self-distruct because your thumb is on the hammer, you might have a problem???

I guess only JP is left!

Nick

DOH!

I searched and read all kinds of postings and reviews before buying 2 of these 1/7/08. This is one week outside of the recall window. emailed CMC to see if I'm good to go.

It'd be a pain to have to duracoat another set, so I hope the trigger part isn't the problem. . . if there is a problem with mine.

Edited by chunger