Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My FIRST Gun Build, OPEN OF COURSE

DrawandDuck

Well I have finally COMPLETED my first ever build from ground up and I have to admit it turned out BETTER than I expected!! And first off (for the peanut gallery) IT DOES SHOOT AND SHOOTS VERY WELL THANK YOU!! Started out with STI frame, Trubor Barrel and 5" bald STI slide. It contains the following; extreme engineering Ultimate trigger kit (sear, hammer and disconnect), SV Triglide trigger and sear spring, Ice magwell, Matt McLearn M2i long firing pin, aftec super comp extractor, Brazo's tuned ejector, allchin c-more mount, EGW one piece guide rod, Ed Brown memory groove beavertail, Swenson safties, 10lb wolff variable power recoil spring (it feels HEAVY for a 10lb spring though) and thats about it!!

I took everything and started to work. Fitting the slide to the frame was fairly simple. Barrel to slide was a BIT more difficult to get proper lockup tolerance (most difficult part to be honest). Milling the 1degree angle on slide for comp fit no problem. Milling/Drilling the 3 popple holes was easy. Drilling and tapping for allchin mount was easy. Reaming the chamber to .38 Super Comp no problem. Trigger kit was drop in with a little work on the top rear of the disconnect. Cutting bottom barrel lugs and fitting barrel link and slide stop wasn't an issue. Of course there were lots of polishing and rounding of edges and other several other things that common sense tells you to do....

Dot tracks true, straight up and back down. Makes 167 PF with 7.8 gr N350, 124 gr MG loaded to 1.225 OAL same load as my other gun.

I have ran 400 rounds through it yesterday and today without any hitches (knocking on WOOD).

My next decision is to hardchrome or turn it into a BLACK gun????

Of course I have PICTURES of the gun before I mounted the allchin/c-more or drilled the popple holes, then the completed project. I also practiced some Bedell cuts on my practice slide which turned out well also....

Now I have to figure out a way to break the news to ole' reliable that there is a new girl in town......

post-6763-1207614698.jpg

post-6763-1207614715.jpg

post-6763-1207614729.jpg

post-6763-1207614742.jpg

post-6763-1207614763.jpg

post-6763-1207615148.jpg

post-6763-1207615157.jpg

post-6763-1207615168.jpg

post-6763-1207615436.jpg

post-6763-1207615449.jpg

Well I have finally COMPLETED my first ever build from ground up and I have to admit it turned out BETTER than I expected!! And first off (for the peanut gallery) IT DOES SHOOT AND SHOOTS VERY WELL THANK YOU!! Started out with STI frame, Trubor Barrel and 5" bald STI slide. It contains the following; extreme engineering Ultimate trigger kit (sear, hammer and disconnect), SV Triglide trigger and sear spring, Ice magwell, Matt McLearn M2i long firing pin, aftec super comp extractor, Brazo's tuned ejector, allchin c-more mount, EGW one piece guide rod, Ed Brown memory groove beavertail, Swenson safties, 10lb wolff variable power recoil spring (it feels HEAVY for a 10lb spring though) and thats about it!!

I took everything and started to work. Fitting the slide to the frame was fairly simple. Barrel to slide was a BIT more difficult to get proper lockup tolerance (most difficult part to be honest). Milling the 1degree angle on slide for comp fit no problem. Milling/Drilling the 3 popple holes was easy. Drilling and tapping for allchin mount was easy. Reaming the chamber to .38 Super Comp no problem. Trigger kit was drop in with a little work on the top rear of the disconnect. Cutting bottom barrel lugs and fitting barrel link and slide stop wasn't an issue. Of course there were lots of polishing and rounding of edges and other several other things that common sense tells you to do....

Dot tracks true, straight up and back down. Makes 167 PF with 7.8 gr N350, 124 gr MG loaded to 1.225 OAL same load as my other gun.

I have ran 400 rounds through it yesterday and today without any hitches (knocking on WOOD).

My next decision is to hardchrome or turn it into a BLACK gun????

Of course I have PICTURES of the gun before I mounted the allchin/c-more or drilled the popple holes, then the completed project. I also practiced some Bedell cuts on my practice slide which turned out well also....

Now I have to figure out a way to break the news to ole' reliable that there is a new girl in town......

Dang Randal didn't leave much meat on that slide did you? I like it. I vote you send it to Virgil for chrome before its too late.

Peter

very, very nice!! I love the slide cuts. :cheers:

I browsed the gallery for quite a while saving pics of guns I liked I narrowed them down to this design. I did not realize the cuts was from Gary Natale until recently. I saw the pics of the member Ineel's blaster which is black and also a Gary build. I have decided to go with the hard chrome so Tripp it will be on the way shortly.

Randal

• 2 years later...

Well, due to my primary gun being stolen I had to dig this one out of the safe in order to determine if it will be reliable for the Mississippi Classic....I have put 1600 rnds through it since Friday and it apprears to be running smoothly..........I have borrowed some mags while I await for mine to be completed that are also working......I just hope it is not like the golf club at the driving range :wacko::wacko: but we shall see.......

PS.....it never made it to Tripp, it's still in the white :(

Edited by DrawandDuck