Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Precision Bullet order Back Ordered for 8 weeks

lucas

Really wanted to get started with tying 40cal 185gr.Already dropped my charge to 4.3gr in anticipation to start up a load what a bummer.I have been using some Sportsman bought Silver State 40cal 180gr and seems to work okay but after 1000 of those I thought I should try bullets of better alleged quality and still keep the price of a 1000 bullets under $100.00.

I have 1000 to try of Lasercast on its way as plan B while I'm waiting for my order.Lasercast claim to be the best hard cast lead,so I guess I'll kill some time comparing them to Silver State lead bullets.

Might want to try Bear Creek bullets. $182.50/2500 for 180 gn moly coated 40 cal shipped to your door ($73/K).

I have not used them but others that have say they are closer to the now defunct Masterblaster style of bullet than Precision.

Maybe do a search here for Bear Creek. You also may want to get a sample of 1 or 2 hundred to see if your gun likes them before spending a lot of $$$ on a big order.

Is bear creek still around? I used 2000 of them and they were pretty good bullets.

Bear Creek is still in the game. I ordered 3k 9mm from them yesterday. They no longer have a website and are not very e-mail savvy. It's best to call them. 209.874.4322

Latest price list (hopefully) attached.

BC_02_08.pdf

Is bear creek still around? I used 2000 of them and they were pretty good bullets.

Bear Creek is still in the game. I ordered 3k 9mm from them yesterday. They no longer have a website and are not very e-mail savvy. It's best to call them. 209.874.4322

Latest price list (hopefully) attached.

BC_02_08.pdfThanks .I put a call in for them to contact me.

I ordered a Lee six cavity mold for the .40 170 gr semi wad cutter. Even with the backorder time, the Precision bullet is the best price/quality bullet ai see out there now.

Edited by pstew

• 5 years later...

170 gr Precisions on backorder since 5 March. Email from them at the time of order said they were 8 weeks behind. My buddy ordered in April and got an email they were 12 weeks behind. Nothing to do but wait. LOL.

170 gr Precisions on backorder since 5 March. Email from them at the time of order said they were 8 weeks behind. My buddy ordered in April and got an email they were 12 weeks behind. Nothing to do but wait. LOL.

I've had 170's on order since January 29th. It's been 16 weeks and the estimated date keeps getting pushed out. Last I heard about a week ago was they were scheduled to start producing the 170's this week. I'm hoping they will be on my doorstep very soon.

Mike

The price list for Bear Creek bullets isn't accurate. They've gone up a bit but are still a good value. I think 180gr flat points were $42.25/500 a month or two ago when I ordered. Maybe it was $44.25. It was right around that range. I think it was free shipping for orders over $130. I received them within two weeks of ordering.