Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli Question

Chris

Kind of a stupid question and I think the answer is "no", but I'm asking anyways.

I have a Benelli M2 and it jammed a few times the other day. When I clear the jam, the chamber and loading gate is empty. I have to either pull the trigger or press the shell release to feed the next shell, then rack the bolt.

Is there anyway to get it to load the next round without having to pull the trigger or press the shell release?

Thanks

At the right side of the trigger guard there is a silver lever, with the bolt closed push it, that will release a shell from the mag tube, then rack the bolt. Or just drop a shell in the port and close the bolt.----------Larry

Edited by Larry White

This has to be a TROLL....

Benellis don't jamb. :closedeyes:

merlin-he's not a troll-in fact, benny built his benelli...

:surprise::surprise::surprise: I don't remember Chris' gun but I'll take your word for it.....

I guess we will have to start putting a Do Not Shoot WallyWorld Cheap Ammo disclaimer in the box with the guns... :ph34r:

Chris did say he felt the offending ammo had bad crimping which caused the problem....

And Jim...... Shut up before you say a word... :P

This has to be a TROLL....

Benellis don't jamb. :closedeyes:

merlin-he's not a troll-in fact, benny built his benelli...

:surprise::surprise::surprise: I don't remember Chris' gun but I'll take your word for it.....

I guess we will have to start putting a Do Not Shoot WallyWorld Cheap Ammo disclaimer in the box with the guns... :ph34r:

Chris did say he felt the offending ammo had bad crimping which caused the problem....

And Jim...... Shut up before you say a word... :P

Jim, you have been Moderated. :surprise:

Since Chris's question has been answered I have another Benelli question.

I am about to have an M2 Field. I can have a 21 or 24 inch barrel; already own both, which should I put on the gun for tactical/limited/standard shooting. I have a Nordic +5 extension. Will that do or should I upgrade to +6?

Oh yeah, it gets to Benny tomorrow and I am already looking at every UPS truck hoping its for me. :lol:

Dale, I have a 24 and use a +6 tube, that way after the start in a lot of matches I can get 10 in the gun. The tube is about 1/2 in shorter than the barrel. If I go somewhere that only allows 8 in the tube I just unscrew the end cap and drop in a plug.----------Larry

Edited by Larry White

Yes, and at some matches it only has to have 8+1 in it, at the start!!

Dale, the ability to have more rounds in the gun should never be underestimated, The tube on my 24" goes about 2" past the muzzle, it has the ability to hold 10 or 11 I can't remember. It also keeps the muzzle out of the dirt if you drop it or rest it on the ground, or plow headlong into the dirt???

Trapr

Dale

I have an extended safety for a benelli...from a prize table

I wont ever need it...you can have it if you want it.

Jim

That's mighty generous Jim, Thanks!

Do I want an extended safety? If I want one I should pay you for it.

Dale, I have a 24 and use a +6 tube, that way after the start in a lot of matches I can get 10 in the gun. The tube is about 1/2 in shorter than the barrel. If I go somewhere that only allows 8 in the tube I just unscrew the end cap and drop in a plug.----------Larry

Now I can see where adding rounds after the start could come in handy, especially if you have to run to the first target.

Yes, and at some matches it only has to have 8+1 in it, at the start!!

Dale, the ability to have more rounds in the gun should never be underestimated, The tube on my 24" goes about 2" past the muzzle, it has the ability to hold 10 or 11 I can't remember. It also keeps the muzzle out of the dirt if you drop it or rest it on the ground, or plow headlong into the dirt???

Trapr

I have always thought having the tube extend beyond the barrel was aesthetically unpleasing. Keeping dirt out of the barrel however makes it a beautiful thing.

Thanks Trapr!