Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Eagles Club to fly above it all

AlamoShooter

:o OK my Limited Brothers are working on a club name , the Big Bus Club has started for the every gun shooter.

But I don't like Busses , & I don't like =Line Dances l

So The Eagles Club For shooters that compete in at least Three shooting sports and I don't mean three div of IPSC :P & Steel is not a IPSC div.

No rules just a belief in flying

Edited by AlamoShooter

I shoot USPSA, IDPA, Steel, and with a couple of non affiliated clubs. And of course the CIA will neither confirm or deny my instructor status. I also sometimes shoot with a retired DEA agent who must remain nameless for reasons of national sanity security.

Does that make me an Eagle?

:cheers:

I shoot USPSA, IDPA, Steel, and with a couple of non affiliated clubs. And of course the CIA will neither confirm or deny my instructor status. I also sometimes shoot with a retired DEA agent who must remain nameless for reasons of national sanity security.

Does that make me an Eagle?

:cheers:

You have been an Eagle allready and did not realize it

We have the founding Four AikiDale - Aalreadyirdale - Dan Sierpina - & Alamo

I don't think and Eagle should ...Ask to be in. I think we should look at as something you Announce

Edited by AlamoShooter

jamie-well, i've shot 2nd chance, tons of steel, uspsa, outlaw 3 gun matches, airsoft, lawnmowers, old computers, and lots of living things over the years. besides, i'm flying in from kalifornia next month just to shoot with you guys at a club match...so i'm in!

Edited by outerlimits

I shoot in no particular order:

USPSA

IDPA

IPSC

Knock-Down Steel

Steel Challenge

PPC

Muzzle loader

High-power

3 Gun (Non-USPSA)

Shotgun (Can't call it Trap or skeet at our club, but I shoot it)

Plinking (a catch all sport for al the guns I have, that I shoot, that don't really fit into any organized sport)

Air Pistol

I believe that I am an Eagle.

I'm in.

I shoot or have shot.

IPSC--Open, Limited, Limited 10, Single Stack

Metallic Silhoutte -- Rifle and Pistol

Bowling Pins

Trap

Skeet

High Power Rifle

Bullseye Pistol

Glock

Soldier Of Fortune 3 Gun

Regular 3 Gun (as shot now)

U.S. Military Combat Rifle and Combat Pistol

Cans -- beer, tin, pop

Rocks -- all sizes

dirt clods -- large and small

pine cones -- both in the tree and on the ground. The ones in the tree are sometimes harder to hit as they move when the wind blows.

Car -- A local police unit had a car set up for penetration tests. When they were done seeing what their various calibers of pistol and .223 ammo would go through I got to show them what a 20 round burst from a full auto M14 would do.

:o OK my Limited Brothers are working on a club name , the Big Bus Club has started for the every gun shooter.

So The Eagles Club For shooters that compete in at least Three shooting sports and I don't mean three div of IPSC :P & Steel is not a IPSC div.

Just remember that its hard to be an Eagle when you are surrounded by turkeys. :closedeyes:

Just remember that its hard to be an Eagle when you are surrounded by turkeys. :closedeyes:

Not really a problem; just kill the first turkey and the rest leave you alone. :cheers:

OK lets put out a big Welcome mat for Merlin :D You know he wants to Fly. I have seen him catch on fire with a speed shotgun. Maybe he is waiting for some Rules? OK the Rule is ..'NO Rules' ... :cheers:

Edited by AlamoShooter

• 2 years later...

Does shooting your mouth off count? devil.gif

yes it does .....It counts against Us.

I have no memory of starting this thread

So... I waited 2 and a half years to reply and THIS is your answer.....?

Eagle's Club huh..? Look above you. Yep..that is me flying up there. Notice that little speck falling toward you...... devil.gif

Does shooting your mouth off count? devil.gif

yes it does .....It counts against Us.

I have no memory of starting this thread

So... I waited 2 and a half years to reply and THIS is your answer.....? ( Thats your fault for expecting more out of me) it seam like in 2.5 years you could come up with something better

Eagle's Club huh..? Look above you. Yep..that is me flying up there. Notice that little speck falling toward you...... devil.gif.....( their are so many above me when I look up, the sky the blocked out)

I am trying to push closer to the edge so I have a better view.

I think what was in my head when I started the thread , was to encourage thinking 'outside the box' of what most shooters do. like only shooting an auto with a dot sight. or a shotgun shooter that only shoots Skeet. A person could shoot a few different disciplines of skeet and also shoot subgauge divisions.

A shooter could shoot an AR for years competing and never think it would work as an over 600 yard varmint gun. Heck I had an AR for 4 years before I started 3 gun and never ever shot it under 200 yards, now it looks like I don't know how to shoot over 200 yards. and Clay target shooting for over 10 years , the flying clay at Fort Benning this year. I would not have picked to shoot on a practice field because that target was too far below my skill level and not worth practicing, unless to teach on. ( I missed the flying clay at FB this year)

If I remember why I started this thread, it was because I was surprised at how much backsliding my Iron sight skill had decayed shooting red dot handgun. And I was captivated by the complexity of combining not just 3 guns but the combination of skill sets for each gun.

I would like the thread to be more of a challenge to each of us to stretch and try new games.

An Eagles Club or anything close to it, is not something you ask to be in. Your in or your not If you have to ask = your not