Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GLOCK 21 Owners! Whats Your Opinion?

SSGF109

Big Shooter - They are Tru-Glo T.F.O. sights. THey work great for me. The fiber optic inserts helps me hit faster.

Shaun - I have used grip tape before and it worked great, except in hot environments. They would degrade quite fast. Also, when I do my grip reductions, the grip tape can't mimic the shape of the grip and look even. The way I do my stippling helps keep the pistol anchored in ones hand without beeing too aggressive.

Looks great. I would be very scared to mess that job up. Yours is by far the best looking work I have ever seen, but I have only been paying attention to this stuff for a couple of months, not to minimize the compliment. Just pointing out I am still learning about this stuff.

Shaun

• 3 months later...
Big Shooter - They are Tru-Glo T.F.O. sights. THey work great for me. The fiber optic inserts helps me hit faster.

Shaun - I have used grip tape before and it worked great, except in hot environments. They would degrade quite fast. Also, when I do my grip reductions, the grip tape can't mimic the shape of the grip and look even. The way I do my stippling helps keep the pistol anchored in ones hand without beeing too aggressive.

How much for a good looking reduction like that?

Mule

• 5 weeks later...
If you decide to get one, I would recommend the G21SF with the Glock rail and the standard mag catch (not the ambi. one).

Shirley, you must be joking. There are TWO flavors of G21SF? :o Is the standard, non-ambi mag catch 21SF a LE-issue only gun or do I just not frequent the right gun stores?

Thanks!

Eric

P.S. I'm searching and finding bupkus.... :(

I work in a gun store. My distibutors tell me that there is a 21SF with a standard rail and without the Pic rail but I have yet to see one. I own the SF with the Pic rail and love it. I just wish Blackhawk would make a Sepra to carry it in.

• 1 month later...

I've had my G21 since the early 90's. It is without a doubt the smoothest shooting, naturally pointing .45 I've ever had. And I've had more than a few. I can shoot it very well, the G21 makes me look like some sort of pistol shooting expert.

Love the Glock 21. I have not trouble controlling the pistol and I have medium sized hands.

Mine is a 1st GEN G21. It is, hands down, my favorite glock and my favorite self-loading pistol.

I just put Sevigny fiber optic sights on it today. Great sights. I like them better than the Hiene straight 8's on my G30.

Unless you have tiny hands you'll like the G21.

• 2 weeks later...

Im building my first glock a 21 into an open gun now. I got it in 92? IIRC.

shot local matches with it for years it is going to get a new KKM barrel and comp soon too. I have the jpoint for it I just have not mounted it yet.

I have a G21sf. I like 1911 A1's just because and that size frame fits my hand perfectly. I find the G21sf to be only slightly larger so I can still get hold of it properly. It gives excellent wack! Many times. +2 extension on the mag and you end up with an excellent handful!

Darn reliable, easy to shoot, high(er)capacity handgun. My son started USPSA with one at age 14 and shot it until he entered the Marine Corp. He is on his second tour in Iraq and he can't wait to get back and shoot it some more.

• 2 weeks later...

I love mine. I bought it used off of GB about three years ago. I was a little aprhensive about how the grip reduction would feel but it fits my hand perfectly. Shot a few 3Gun matches with it but these days it has become my goto ccw/house gun. It's really accurate and there's a comforting feeling when you have 13+1 rds of .45.

old pic:

G21-1.jpg

The only things I changed was install a 3.5# Ghost Rocket, T.H.E. mag release, and Aro-Tek slide release and picked up a couple more mags.

• 2 months later...

Count me as another long time fan of the G21. I started out with my first one in 1992 I believe and have not been without one since. Like many here, I have used mine as both a duty gun and an IPSC gun and could not be more pleased with the platform. I picked up an SF model and I must say, I like it even better.

They will flat shoot too. Below is a pic of a 63 yard head shot on a big desert Jack. I told my coyote hunting buddy that I was going to pop him. He was quite impressed. I quietly put the gun away and decided to pretend I could do that every time. Better to be lucky than good I guess. :surprise::ph34r:

Edited by Nik Habicht
Edited to remove dead animal picture.

I have a Gen 3 regular grip G21. It's been an excellent firearm; mine is used for carry, IDPA, GSSF and steel plate competition (although given the price of .45 ACP, I've been tending to campaign my 9mm G17, G19, and G34 much more frequently).

The only hiccup that I've ever had was with a defective WWB round that was probably about .47 instead of .45, and wouldn't chamber.

The only mods that I've had done to mine were to replace the polymer sights with Glock steel sights, and to switch the OEM flat slide release with the Glock G37 extended slide release.

I'm not a huge guy, and I've never had a problem with concealed carry when using either the Glock Sport/Combat beltslide holster or a Blade-Tech IWB holster.

I actually prefer the non-SF receiver, as the increased backstrap/sail area seems to help me "steer" the gun during firing transitions, and I index quite naturally with it.

Best, Jon

I love my 21 and I even have fairly small hands. It was the very first hangun that I ever purchased and I guess I have just gotten used to it. Still shoot it in Limited 10 every now and then. Do not think I could ever bring myself to sell it.